Is there away to get twitch integration data?

Nik96

I'm looking for some get request to pull data about points or gamestage. Is it possible? I need it for my chrome extension. Wanna add cool real time points update and commands sorting depending on gamestage, but I need some help. Maybe I should have created Twitch extension instead and use its API and that would help somehow, but it's too late now. So, how can I get this data?

6 hours ago, Nik96 said:

I'm looking for some get request to pull data about points or gamestage. Is it possible? I need it for my chrome extension. Wanna add cool real time points update and commands sorting depending on gamestage, but I need some help. Maybe I should have created Twitch extension instead and use its API and that would help somehow, but it's too late now. So, how can I get this data?

what exactly are you looking for?

10 hours ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

what exactly are you looking for?

I made chrome extension that allows you to send twitch integration commands by clicking on buttons. And I thought it would be cool if I added there current user's points and maybe streamer's gamestage. And update them in real time. But I don't know how can I get this data. As if a user would send #cp in chat himself.

12 hours ago, Nik96 said:

I made chrome extension that allows you to send twitch integration commands by clicking on buttons. And I thought it would be cool if I added there current user's points and maybe streamer's gamestage. And update them in real time. But I don't know how can I get this data. As if a user would send #cp in chat himself.

Honestly, I highly doubt what you are asking is possible.   Even if there was an API for calling INTO a server, how would your extension know that JoeDaFrogman's 7d2d server is hosted an IP 125.12.32.32 on port 27364 so you could then call the API with the correct commands?  I guess a feature request MIGHT be to allow access to the in game server registry(I have not idea where or how that is hosted, but it has to be centralized or no one could use join others games without an IP and port provided to them).   

Could that server register be modified to know the twitch integration is active on that server?   Sure, if the devs feel like that's important.   Do I personally think it will happen?  probably not.  

In any event, @Prime is the developer of the integration.  I have no idea if he watches forums, but if there is no answer here in a few days, I will ping him in his Guilded.

9 hours ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

Honestly, I highly doubt what you are asking is possible.

I think you are right. I guess I'll just drop this idea. Extension works fine as it is, I just wanted to make it even better.

8 hours ago, Nik96 said:

I think you are right. I guess I'll just drop this idea. Extension works fine as it is, I just wanted to make it even better.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice especially since I know more a few people with custom integration commands(myself included), but frankly, I just don't see TFP putting in the infrastructure to handle this as it's a fairly heavy lift in multiple locations.  That does not even count how a dedicated server(which is the only endpoint known) would be able to dispatch back to each connected user to see if they have twitch integration turned on.