[A20 experimental] crashing on M1 MacBook Pro

r0b3n

After getting my new M1 Pro Mac I was surprised how well 7dtd A19 ran on it and I was eager to try out A20.
Sadly, though, it doesn't run at all. It shows a black screen with the spinning ball cursor (which gets replaced by the 7dtd curser after moving the mouse) for some seconds and that just crashes. I did all the steps mentioned before: Deleting all game data via launcher, deleting the savegames and also the .plist file (windows registry equivalent).

Here is the latest log file: https://pastebin.com/d2juDWrc
Something about the steam API? But also a native code backtrace.

2 hours ago, Star69 said:

In the Bug Report section, it was mentioned that the workaround for Mac users is to run 7 Days under Rosetta. TFP still looking for a permanent solution.

Thanks and sorry for the additional question but I have installed and updated Rosetta but "open using rosetta" is not at all an option for 7DTD in the info panel - is there a resource for more info on how to do this?

Edit: Was able to figure it out if anyone else needs the help.

Installed with this command via terminal:

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license

And then used "browse local files" from the library/game page and then applied it to the 7DaystoDie file (not the launcher) and then opened from steam as usual and it loaded.

Edited by xoticcoco (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Star69 said:

In the Bug Report section, it was mentioned that the workaround for Mac users is to run 7 Days under Rosetta. TFP still looking for a permanent solution.

Thanks. Didn't know it ran completely native already on M1. Will try that, I wonder what the performance impact will be.

Hi there, also running a M1 Pro MBP and had a lot of issues with getting A20 to run but used a combination of the above to get it going.

1. Click on play, show game launcher

2. Hit Tools, then click on last option "clean game data"

3. Check all boxes and remove all previous data

4. Open Terminal and paste: /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license

5. Click cog in Steam and go to Manage > Browse Local Files (this opens Finder)

6. Right click 7DaysToDie file and "Get info"

7. Check the "Open using Rosetta" box

8. For good measure quit Steam and reopen

Good luck!

Hey Mac guys, can anyone check of VSync is working for you? Im a bit outdated with my MBP Pro 2018, but still game on it, and thing is I get up to 100 fps even though the VSync is on and monitor is 60Hz only, on 19,6 which vsync enabled I had a constant 60 fps and system did not ramp up as a rocket.