Idea for Spears

GoatBoySteve

Make a melee spears and throwing spears two separate weapons governed by the same skill. This would allow right click on melee spears to have a proper power attack and right click on throwing spears to have an aiming mechanic like bows. A stack size of 5-10 for throwing spears wouldn't hurt either. As is I don't see many people using spears past the very earliest stages of the game and it seems a shame.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, no one I know uses them past early game and on the rare occasion they do, they never throw them because if they get lost it's much bigger loss than an arrow or bolt. So effectively it's a 2 hander with less damage than the sledge and no power attack.

Other Ideas: two dye slots for knuckles so they can be different colors. Also, if you have Wasteland Treasures 5, and you one shot a reinforced door, you don't get a knob. You have to strip away the reinforcement first, that's wack and should be changed.

Edited by GoatBoySteve (see edit history)

I think power attacks should be mapped to a different button seperate to "alt-fire" so you can also do power attacks with stone axes and claw hammers. With normal melee weapons alt-fire could just be the same as a power attack.

I just really wish the claw hammer was a viable melee weapon, everything about it is good against zombies.