A bot keeps trying to connect to my server

Sagnos

A guy (bot) keeps connecting to my server (dedicated) that is password protected, the server keeps automaticly blocking him, but it looks like a bot that keep trying to connect to the server and get the password, its been going on for about 3 days, the server is not showing me a 64id so i cant block him, i also dont want to take down the password, how can i totaly block him off the server

You didn't say if it is a rented server with restricted access or a server under your full control. You also didn't mention if it is a windows, mac or lInux server. So can only give general advice: Use a network sniffer and if the bot uses the same IP address or IP address subnet then simply block that address or that subnet with a firewall.

Also possible is to use a different port for the server. This will throw off a bot, but a human might make the effort to scan for open ports.

If it is a rented server with restricted access. changing the port might be your only recourse. Also you could inform server operators as that bot is likely scanning lots of servers operated by them.

Its a windows server and its my old pc, i have full control, i tink changing the port is only temporary solution

I own more then 1 server, mostly the servers give me the id or ip of the person trying to connect, but it seems 7d2d doesnt give me the information, i might just remove the password, let him join, shutdown the server and block his ID, its also temporairy solution but wth can i do @ this poiny

I brought this idea up on the Discord and looked at implementing it and giving instructions but as Sagnos stated it appears that the 7d2d server does not actually log failed login attempts.

Is it possible to ask for this to be added in a future patch for the 7d2d server?

I was looking at just leveraging fail2ban to implement and watch for a value in the log files.