not all wood blocks are upgradable?

aleida

So with my building my base im running into the issue where not all wood blocks can be upgraded. I decided to live in one of the tiny barns and was fixing up the roof. The roof has a nice slope in it. I can replace the missing blocks, but unfortunally the game doesnt allow me to upgrade whatsoever. Considering my horde build is right next to it, a wooden roof isnt going to cut it long term. The same thing happened when i added some small wooden corners to my build. I can place them in wood but can't upgrade them at all.

Is this still missing from the game and still needs to be added to it? Or am i missing something completely and just doing wrong? I looked through some of the other blocks, the metal, rebar frames. But i couldnt find them in there.

26 minutes ago, aleida said:

So with my building my base im running into the issue where not all wood blocks can be upgraded. I decided to live in one of the tiny barns and was fixing up the roof. The roof has a nice slope in it. I can replace the missing blocks, but unfortunally the game doesnt allow me to upgrade whatsoever. Considering my horde build is right next to it, a wooden roof isnt going to cut it long term. The same thing happened when i added some small wooden corners to my build. I can place them in wood but can't upgrade them at all.

Is this still missing from the game and still needs to be added to it? Or am i missing something completely and just doing wrong? I looked through some of the other blocks, the metal, rebar frames. But i couldnt find them in there.

Yes, until now there were a lot of blocks only available in specific materials. The driving force behind many new blocks was what the POI and world designers needed (not the players) so whatever material a designer needed got added.

But this will change completely with A20. TFP upgraded the build system so that we have fewer materials (removing the distinction between normal and reinforced) but you can build any existing shape with any material. AND it seems they added hundreds of new shapes.

Buildingwise A20 will be a completely different animal