How to publish a DMT mod that requires additional changes to CSharp-Assembly.dll?

ocbMaurice

First I hope this question is in the right forum topic category.

I have created an electricity overhaul mod that needs a few changes in the original game dll.

The main changes needed are that certain classes/methods need to be public instead of private.
Additionally it adds two new properties to one class for more detailed reporting in the UI.

Is there any other way to publish this mod, without including a modded CSharp-Assembly.dll?

I guess I already known the answers to my questions but still wanted to ask the experts.
- Can I add new fields/properties to existing classes on run-time (e.g via sdx/harmony patching)?

- Can I change an existing class to be publicly inheritable when it was originally set to private?

I believe that answer will be mostly no, and I probably need to provide a custom dll for each game version, right?

Which leads me to the next question, is it ok from a legal standpoint to provide a custom CSharp-Assembly.dll via e.g. GitHub?

Btw. my overhaul mod enables users to connect multiple power sources in series, as it should have been, with a custom power manager :)

I have everything running locally, but I'm extremely unsure how to publish such a mod!?

I've published all (WIP) code here:

https://github.com/OCB7D2D

Any hints welcome!

Edited by ocbMaurice (see edit history)