Castle Eltz (Germany) - Prefab Build A19

Simon_MD

spacer.png

Hi all, just wanted to share my latest (and overall second) Prefab build yet. The build is massive. This is the castle Eltz in Germany and I have built it entriely from Google Maps, images and its blueprint, even though, I have not been there yet. That is a bummer. So far, it took me 150+ hours to finalize the layout, structure and details. I am now in the last steps of adding sleepers and I will still have to test and play it before uplading it to Nexusmods.  Its approx. size is 125 blocks wide, 230 blocks deep and at maximum 60 blocks high.

You can explore the castle as you like, as it is not a dungeon. So far, it is not planned to be questable. Most likely it will receive an update for A20. If you want to view some screenshots of its current status, feel free to take a look at it here:

https://imgur.com/a/RrOibgl

Edit: I only used Vanilla blocks in the Prefab.

Edited by Simon_MD (see edit history)

On 10/4/2021 at 4:04 AM, Simon_MD said:

Over the weekend, I spent quite some time on the remaining steps and just uploaded it to Nexusmods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1608/

Feel free to use and explore! Also, please let me know if you encounter any issues!

spacer.png

Hi @Simon_MD

My gosh that is a awesome castle such wonderful details. Is it ok to add to the compopack  🙂

Hi @Simon_MD, for some reason your comment on my video came up as being unavailable for me to reply to. I had the reply typed out but it wouldn't send as the original message no longer existed. Youtube might have held it back if it contained a link? Anyway I'd love to check out your castle and maybe do a video on it. It does look really good! I can picture it with a nice fat blood moon behind it!

27 minutes ago, Tallman Brad said:

Hi @Simon_MD, for some reason your comment on my video came up as being unavailable for me to reply to. I had the reply typed out but it wouldn't send as the original message no longer existed. Youtube might have held it back if it contained a link? Anyway I'd love to check out your castle and maybe do a video on it. It does look really good! I can picture it with a nice fat blood moon behind it!

Hey @Tallman Brad! Yeah... I guess that was exaclty the issue :D I tried it a second time without a link and I suppose YT treated it the same way, because of a repost. I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your video, especially that you play as you would normally do - including the dying ;) without spoiling too much of the secrets and loot. Keep at it! I would of course love it, if you can find the time to do a small tour of this massive castle. Blood moon would certainly make for some awseome selfies :D

5 minutes ago, Simon_MD said:

Blood moon would certainly make for some awseome selfies :D

Haha! It would! Yeah, youtube is a funny mistress. I've downloaded the files from Nexus and will take a look very soon. Thanks very much for the kind words about the videos. I'm not going to pretend I'm a great player! But to me it's all about enjoying playing it, not so much about showing how good you think you are. I've got a smaller poi video coming out in a couple of hours and, although I don't die (spoiler), you'll see I'm still as unprepared as someone can be. But again, it's about having fun. I'll post a link here if I can get a video done of your castle. My slight concern is the physical size of the poi and if my laptop can cope! Either way, I'll be getting some selfies haha! All the best Simon.

18 hours ago, Tallman Brad said:

Haha! It would! Yeah, youtube is a funny mistress. I've downloaded the files from Nexus and will take a look very soon. Thanks very much for the kind words about the videos. I'm not going to pretend I'm a great player! But to me it's all about enjoying playing it, not so much about showing how good you think you are. I've got a smaller poi video coming out in a couple of hours and, although I don't die (spoiler), you'll see I'm still as unprepared as someone can be. But again, it's about having fun. I'll post a link here if I can get a video done of your castle. My slight concern is the physical size of the poi and if my laptop can cope! Either way, I'll be getting some selfies haha! All the best Simon.

Crossing fingers that your laptop can handle it! All the best to you as well ;)