Asheron's Call?

LeStudd

I know that the developers have a history involving the Fallout series, as well as Minecraft. The death penalty in 7 Days to Die reminds me of the vitae that you had to work off in Asheron's Call. I'm wondering if the developers played this as well? ty.

On 9/25/2021 at 11:04 AM, Maharin said:

I actually miss that game and wish it could be revived in some way.

It's actually possible to play it right now.  (well... true as of 6 month ago I should say). The client is still available, I believe straight from Turbine. And there are a few servers available to play on, (although I only manage to log on 1...)

You need to jump through a few hoops to get there, (like get the ThwargLauncher), but if you really want your nostalgia fix, it's nothing too complicated, just google it.

10 hours ago, Mastermind said:

It's actually possible to play it right now.  (well... true as of 6 month ago I should say). The client is still available, I believe straight from Turbine. And there are a few servers available to play on, (although I only manage to log on 1...)

You need to jump through a few hoops to get there, (like get the ThwargLauncher), but if you really want your nostalgia fix, it's nothing too complicated, just google it.

Yeah, another hoop for me is being on Linux.  I could play AC on Linux easily enough before Turbine shut it down but I might have more fiddling to do to get it to work now, not sure.  But I have all the components already downloaded just haven't had the itch strong enough to go through with the installation.  Some memories are best left as memories and starting over on a new server would likely make me not want to play for long.  I never made max level but I never really tried, either, since that wasn't a goal for me with that game.

EDIT: Typing is hard.

Edited by Maharin (see edit history)