Modlets for Dummies {ME}

Gidaeon

Is there a version of the Lock Picking mini-game that is just by itself and not part of a larger mod? I'm bad at trying to figure out compatibility issues when trying to add things to existing packs on the Launcher.

Ever since lock picking was a thing in the core game, I've always been frustrated with it being based around RNG. Picking locks is a skill, not a roll of the dice. IMO, I shouldn't have to be able to use 3-4 lock-picks on one safe, and a full stack plus on the safe next to it. It's kind of redundant and unnecessarily wasteful, both on time (and resources), used to go through a POI.

Been basically playing Undead Legacy exclusively now, because I can't seem to find anything else that doesn't ruin the bother of finding or crafting lock-picks for me, and I'm tired of having to cheat-in a stack of lock-picks every 2-3 POIs.

It's frustrating as hell, and IMO a feature that shouldn't have to have modlets created, just to have a game experience that has common sense.

Designating RNG to a skill that should be based around a player's actual performance in something, is just plain evil.

Here's a lesson in forum use for Dummies 😉: The "Mods" section is for announcing mods, the "Discussion and Requests" section is for talking

Your last sentence is wrong in the context of 7D2D: The game is an RPG, therefore your toons abilities and perks should define what it can do, not your player skills. That doesn't mean you should not be able to install such a mod, it just means it isn't in the spirit of vanilla 7D2D. Even though shooting in the game does depend on player skill as well as perks, but that is a compromise 3D RPGs often have to take

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

13 hours ago, meganoth said:

Here's a lesson in forum use for Dummies 😉: The "Mods" section is for announcing mods, the "Discussion and Requests" section is for talking

Your last sentence is wrong in the context of 7D2D: The game is an RPG, therefore your toons abilities and perks should define what it can do, not your player skills. That doesn't mean you should not be able to install such a mod, it just means it isn't in the spirit of vanilla 7D2D. Even though shooting in the game does depend on player skill as well as perks, but that is a compromise 3D RPGs often have to take

Yeah, I guess so.

Breaking 30-40+ lock-picks within 20 sec. or so on one item is still pushin it though. Even for an RPG. 😒

8 hours ago, khzmusik said:

This is the modlet you're looking for:

Thx

Maybe if I add it manually it might work. Nope. I end up with the same result.

Or make a compilation for myself and hope everything plays nice with each other.

I added the 7DTD launcher version to Darkness Falls, and then the game wouldn't load my world. It would start to load and then kept throwing a "Null Ref" code after about 45 sec. or so.

Maybe it's not compatible with DF?

IDK, that's why I explained in the OP about sucking at trying to troubleshoot things.

Edited by Gidaeon
Update (see edit history)