Error with prefab.

Ken_Shadow

I keep getting error messages when trying to save a prefab.

(ERR Could not save file '/blocks.nim'. Access to path "C:\.blocks.nim" is denied.

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\.blocks.nim" is denied.

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\' is denied.)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times now. I've went to my C:\ and allowed read and write for all users and admins. I've tried running the game through Steam with and without EAC. However I still get this error when trying to save a prefab. A little help please? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Ken_Shadow said:

(ERR Could not save file '/blocks.nim'. Access to path "C:\.blocks.nim" is denied.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times now. I've went to my C:\ and allowed read and write for all users and admins. I've tried running the game through Steam with and without EAC. However I still get this error when trying to save a prefab. A little help please? Thanks.

Weird. Have you tried cleaning your game for like any bugged maps etc. Uninstalling game is ok and all but your appdata stuff still remains.

Go to your 7dts game folder where the exe is located.

Then click on 7dlauncher

Then tools tab

Then clean game and then select all boxes you see and clean. 

Note: this will remove all game maps and saves so maybe move em elsewhere if you want them saved. Then try game without adding ay back. 

On 9/14/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ken_Shadow said:

I'm no expert on windows, but shouldn't the root dir on C normally be off limits to programs? Is it normal to save files there?

It could be the anti-virus program that is preventing the file from being saved.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)