New computer big problem, please read

mg03

So to start I have very limited download ability like 50GB a month for 3 people and it is super slow. So with that in mind this is why I did my transfer from old computer to new. Somewhere in transfer  this folder disappeared "worlds folder", which I found is usually:  in “%appdata%\Roaming\7 Days to Die\GeneratedWorlds”  Any ideas what I can do to fix this issue, would like to use KingGen or other maps and can't unless I play with someone else at home and no I can not play online the lag is too much.  Can I just copy folder from someone in house or delete entire game and reinstall from a copy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

8 minutes ago, mg03 said:

So to start I have very limited download ability like 50GB a month for 3 people and it is super slow. So with that in mind this is why I did my transfer from old computer to new. Somewhere in transfer  this folder disappeared "worlds folder", which I found is usually:  in “%appdata%\Roaming\7 Days to Die\GeneratedWorlds”  Any ideas what I can do to fix this issue, would like to use KingGen or other maps and can't unless I play with someone else at home and no I can not play online the lag is too much.  Can I just copy folder from someone in house or delete entire game and reinstall from a copy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you have a new computer, you would want to first install the game via Steam.  You should not being installing from a copy.

If you have any mods, I would recommend redownloading them and installing them fresh.  That way you don't have any issues copying from a previous version of 7D2D.

You actually would transfer over two folders - that one mentioned above for the worlds and the second is the Save Games folder.  However, if you are missing the GeneratedWorlds folder, it might be best just to restart the game a fresh.  Generate a new map and start over.

I got a similar situation that will occur this week.  For my new computer, I bought a second SSD to install and plan on installing my games onto it.  When I do that, I plan on just doing a clean Steam install and install all the games I am playing now, along with any mods I want to bring over.

26 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

If you have a new computer, you would want to first install the game via Steam.  You should not being installing from a copy.

If you have any mods, I would recommend redownloading them and installing them fresh.  That way you don't have any issues copying from a previous version of 7D2D.

You actually would transfer over two folders - that one mentioned above for the worlds and the second is the Save Games folder.  However, if you are missing the GeneratedWorlds folder, it might be best just to restart the game a fresh.  Generate a new map and start over.

I got a similar situation that will occur this week.  For my new computer, I bought a second SSD to install and plan on installing my games onto it.  When I do that, I plan on just doing a clean Steam install and install all the games I am playing now, along with any mods I want to bring over.

Really can't do that right now, wish I could we have just got data for the month yesterday and already 4GB gone, yeah we are screwed every month. Fiber will be coming in a couple of months but would like to fix the issue temporarily until I can reinstall fresh

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

You should be able to copy the game itself from old to new PC. Then you first start steam and let it run in the background. Then start the game manually.

Generating a new world should be no problem either.

Thanks!