replacing a block

Is there a way to swap a block to the empty version based on if it is empty or not?  For example.  I empty out a shopping basket and when I close out that, it swaps it to the empty version?

I have been looking, but have not seen a way to do it yet.

I know there is a mod doing it with birds nests (or at least used to be) some how, but don't remember the mod.  I think something like that is what I am looking for.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, Iceburg71 said:

Is there a way to swap a block to the empty version based on if it is empty or not?  For example.  I empty out a shopping basket and when I close out that, it swaps it to the empty version?

I have been looking, but have not seen a way to do it yet.

I know there is a mod doing it with birds nests (or at least used to be) some how, but don't remember the mod.  I think something like that is what I am looking for.

Thanks

Hi @Iceburg71

I have done that in my open door Syndrome mods. You loot a container and it goes to its empty state 

Sweet.  I looked at those, and that is almost exactly what I was going to do.  the only change was going to be if I put something back in an empty one, it would close or show the full version.  Not sure if yours does that or not.  I thought it would be really cool like that so that when you take up residence in a POI, the cabinets are all useable and show either open or closed depending on if there was stuff in it or not.

I will have to play with your mod and see how it actually plays.  so far I have just looked at the .XML's

12 minutes ago, Iceburg71 said:

Sweet.  I looked at those, and that is almost exactly what I was going to do.  the only change was going to be if I put something back in an empty one, it would close or show the full version.  Not sure if yours does that or not.  I thought it would be really cool like that so that when you take up residence in a POI, the cabinets are all useable and show either open or closed depending on if there was stuff in it or not.

I will have to play with your mod and see how it actually plays.  so far I have just looked at the .XML's

Mine is for looting. If you return it to closed state the loot mechanism will apply so anything you add to it will be lost on loot respawn..

Unless you upgrade to a custom block you make that has no loot list.