half the hordes are duds 4 people at 1 base.. mabye 20 zeds the whole night? what's going on?

thornnnn

Ok well would need some clarifications.

1. Are you on Consoles (PS4/XBox), or on PC?

2. Actually that's all for now. If you are on console. (this section of the forum you posted in), then the following questions are moot. If you're on PC, I'll move the thread to the appropriate section, and we can continue figuring out what you've got going on.

• 1 month later...

Are the zombies getting stuck somewhere on the way to you?  I had a 20 block deep pit with spikes surrounded by concrete pillars and was only getting maybe 10 zombies falling down it all horde night.  Turns out they were getting stuck behind a big rock on the way to the pit entrance and just sat there all night beating on it.  Went on for like 5 horde nights in a row.  Once I cleared a path to the pit it started working.  I think once a certain number have spawned on you it won't spawn more until those are dead.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember what day exactly it happens, but somewhere around day 100 (and maybe intervals after that) there seems to be sort of a reset of horde intensity back to something more like day 7.

Also if a low-level player is present, your mix of zombie types will change. For example, my character is level 60+. A player joined recently. My day 28 horde had zero spider zombies. Before the other player joined, I was getting two spider zombies at a time even in random herds.