Hammer of God question

I'm a builder and I'm particular about where things are placed. I will put blocks down, not like the position, then break them and try something else - anywho; is there a way to set the hammer of god to harvest blocks instead of destroying them? I figure I could add a line like this after every block,

<drop event="Destroy" name="decoPumpkinJackOLantern" count="1"/>

or there might be a way to get the hammer to harvest the block instead.

I know this works in the editor, not sure if the same goes for being in game, but if you press the mouse wheel, you can get a stack of 100 of the block you're targeting. Then destroy it with the Hammer and place one of the copies elsewhere. The beauty of it is, if the block has been painted, the copies preserve the paint job. Give that a try, as it would seem a quicker solution than adding code.

7 hours ago, Cranberry Monster said:

I know this works in the editor, not sure if the same goes for being in game, but if you press the mouse wheel, you can get a stack of 100 of the block you're targeting. Then destroy it with the Hammer and place one of the copies elsewhere. The beauty of it is, if the block has been painted, the copies preserve the paint job. Give that a try, as it would seem a quicker solution than adding code.

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried it in my game and it didn't work.