Translations for the game

Pepejke

Hey guys!

I'm hungarian and speak english, however, my girlfriend does not. So I was thinking, could I make a translation for the game? I know it is hard work, but it would be a good learning opportunity for me, and also good for the hungarian players, altough I know we're not so many. So my question is, is it possible to  make a translation for the game, and then keep it updated? I would personally do it for free of course, I just want to learn and practice. :) 

Make a MOD?

Typically, official translation are not simply doing the labor.  There are contracts involved, laws and, most importantly, liability issues.  Accuracy is one thing but you would not want some random person doing the translation and hiding vulgar, hate or violent messages in there.  The real world is never that simple.  

21 minutes ago, FA_Q2 said:

Make a MOD?

Typically, official translation are not simply doing the labor.  There are contracts involved, laws and, most importantly, liability issues.  Accuracy is one thing but you would not want some random person doing the translation and hiding vulgar, hate or violent messages in there.  The real world is never that simple.  

For "Make a MOD?", yep this is the way to go.  I believe there are a few ways to do it, but look around for other "language addition" mods and see how they work. I think you can make just a mod with Localization.txt in it, and your personal language (Hungarian) in it so you don't have to mash it in with the vanilla Localization.txt with all the other 8? languages.  There are caveats to doing this (the game is not completed yet, so things may change, you're adding a language so you may have to do something special in your mod to handle it as I believe you can't just "add another language" to the list and it work.), so look around the forums to see if its something you really want to create and maintain. Here's a post I found about doing it for a mod itself, but there are likely actual mods you can find that might help figure it out.

Also: if you do create a mod, post it somewhere it can easily be found!  I would suggest using github, gitlab, or nexusmods for storing the actual mod files, and then posting your mod in the "mods" section of these forums when its done.

e