19.4 help

Mattman17

My girlfriend and I have been playing Darkness Falls on 19.3 (V3.3) for a while now and we both updated to 19.4 (V3.4) tonight and now I can’t open the game without a unity crash in the loading screen. Have I done something wrong or can you not play something you started on 19.3 on the newer 19.4? If so is there a way to go back to 19.3 so we can continue playing? Any help would be much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Mattman17 said:

My girlfriend and I have been playing Darkness Falls on 19.3 (V3.3) for a while now and we both updated to 19.4 (V3.4) tonight and now I can’t open the game without a unity crash in the loading screen. Have I done something wrong or can you not play something you started on 19.3 on the newer 19.4? If so is there a way to go back to 19.3 so we can continue playing? Any help would be much appreciated!

Have you looked thru the darkness falls thread. Maybe best to post in there  to.

Not quite sure which version i used with some friends. Iirc it was DF 3.2A and 7D2D 19.2. But when we new players wanted to join, that already had 19.3 installed, we tried to update from 19.2/3.2A to 19.3/3.3 and that absolutley wrecked the map.

Haven't tried other versions but my conclusion is, when playing darkness falls never update anything if you want to continue playing your current game. (also never try to load a darkness-falls-world with 7d2d-client that is of any other version).

When updating 7d2d while using darkness falls, always create a new setup. Don't try to update that client that already has installed Darkness falls. Create a vanilla checkout of 7d2d and then install the latest Darkness Dalls to ist again.

By just copying over a newer Version of Darkness Falls there may remain old stuff in the mods-folder that can break the game.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)