Quests: go to a specific "kind" of POI?

khzmusik

Hi, all. I'm wondering if the following is possible.

I'd like to introduce a new kind of quest. It would basically be a "clear" quest, but the quest would only send you to a specific kind of POI.

For example, you could create a quest to clear out a POI full of bandits - but only those POIs, not POIs with zombies.

Obviously this would need custom POIs to be added to the game, but I know how to create a new POI.

I looked in the C# code, and it can't be done simply by adding a new value to the POI XML "QuestTags" property. TFP code only recognizes the quest tags that already exist.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the vanilla code?

(There is an option to use SphereII Core, it has an "ObjectiveGotoPOISDX" type, but that will only send you to one specific POI, and not one of many POIs that are the same "kind.")

Hm... I was wrong about the SphereII Core "ObjectiveGotoPOISDX" type. The example XML in the class only shows one POI/prefab value, but looking in the code, it will allow you to also set a list of POIs.

Having a predefined list of POIs is certainly better than nothing.

But, I was hoping that POIs could be dynamically chosen according to what POIs were available/installed - so other people (who are better at making POIs than I am) could add more of these kinds of POIs.

I still have no idea if this is possible. So, even though I'm not totally blocked, I'd still appreciate any ideas that anyone has.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:23 AM, khzmusik said:

Hi, all. I'm wondering if the following is possible.

I'd like to introduce a new kind of quest. It would basically be a "clear" quest, but the quest would only send you to a specific kind of POI.

For example, you could create a quest to clear out a POI full of bandits - but only those POIs, not POIs with zombies.

Obviously this would need custom POIs to be added to the game, but I know how to create a new POI.

I looked in the C# code, and it can't be done simply by adding a new value to the POI XML "QuestTags" property. TFP code only recognizes the quest tags that already exist.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the vanilla code?

(There is an option to use SphereII Core, it has an "ObjectiveGotoPOISDX" type, but that will only send you to one specific POI, and not one of many POIs that are the same "kind.")

I know Telric has a horse mod that spawns a house and the trader sends you to it. you can see that mod maybe will help

Archived