Stuck again - advice GREATLY appreciated!

Xandra

Ok, so I've made new recipes that unlock with perks at a specific level. And it all works great. A person putsthe prescribed number of points into a specified skill and the recipe unlocks. The problem arises when said person puts another point into the skill. The recipe relocks. My sense is that like the modded guns, there is another file that I need to edit to keep the recipe unlocked. But, I'm not sure which (buffs?) and what the edit should say... Thanks for the help and for your time!

It's kind of hard to tell without being able to see any of the codes you created.
But it sounds like there is something in your code that creates the recipe for a certain perklevel only.

Look at this piece of code from progression.xml
You unlock the forge by putting in 1 point in Advanced Engineering right?

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1" tags="forge"/>

The  level="1,5"     means its unlocked for the levels between those numbers and the numbers themself (1,2,3,4,5)

If you would change it to level="3,5"              <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="3,5" value="1" tags="forge"/>

The forge will be unlocked for level 3, 4 and 5.

However, I think if you have something like level="2,4"   you will have the recipe unlocked when you spend 2 points in it, but if you would reach level 5, it might get lost.
At least that could be one of the things.

Archived