ERR [EAC] Protect: Client: Failed Decrypting stream, UnprotectedResult: False

RightWinger1

ERR [EAC} Protect:
I set up a new server for a friend on PingPerfect. When I try to connect to I am getting an error that opens the console and then it never gets any further. Others can connect to the server fine and I can connect to other servers without any issues. It's just this one that is giving me grief. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, uninstalling and reinstalling Steam, and launching from both of the game .exes in the game folder and everything ends up with the same result. I also went into the EAC folder and ran the installer and repaired, uninstalled, and reinstalled, same result.

console error is:

ERR [EAC] Protect: Client: Failed Decrypting stream, UnprotectedResult: False
ERR NCSimple_deserializer (ch=0):
UnknownNetPacketExecution: Unknown NetPackage ID: 255

I even loaded the game on a crappy laptop and it launched without the error. It is just happening on my main machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss at this point and really getting irritated. LOL.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary_USMC

No idea, but I would add a few more cleanups:

1) If you previously had mods in use, delete the mods folder in your games dir. It is not deleted by steam.

2) On the server clear your character, it is in the files [steamid].ttp and [steamid].map, in the directory [savelocation]/[worldname]/[seed]/Player

3) Clear your settings. Howto is here:

4) If all this doesn't help, post your logfiles from server and client, howto is in a sticky in this Generals Support section

I just updated my client and my server with the latest B6 update, and I am getting this error now too. I tried all the above suggestions, and what ended up working is on my steamcmd for the server, I ran `app_update 294420 validate` and it re-downloaded and fixed the issue. It wasn't on the client side, it ended up being on the server side.

Archived