Servers world have no zeds on POIs and outside on land there is only few ones

archimp

Hello

problem is that i use war of the walkers mod and currently after i edited gamesgaes.xml file (only NUM values) andconfig file (maxspawnedzombies=256)

world is almost empty of any zeds.. also there is not showing any modded ones what have on this mod.

mod was working fine before i changed these files..

Now i have created 3 different new saves and also completely wiped server with new seed AND replaced xml files to default, any of these actions not change anymore issue that there is no modded zeds on world and only few vanilla zeds around (maybe 1-2 in 1 kilometer radius)

i have server from bluefangsolutions and i have talked with their support about this issue, but they cannot help me.. so i ask here if someone have idea, what i need to do now?

TY :)

I’m going to just guess at what could be happening, not having many details beyond you’re using a cloud provider for the server and they see no issues.  I also don’t know how familiar you are with the built in game admin tools. Anyway, take all of this with many grains of salt :).  I’m just trying to give you some ideas in case no one else responds.  I don’t run/admin servers.

Let’s just focus on the “no zombies inside POi”s” issue. I believe that (by design) zombies to not spawn in POIs until the player enters a “spawn zone”, which is essentially a 3 dimensional block the POI designer makes around an area that zombies are in. The spawn zones also dictate “how many” zeds can spawn. If the designer puts 10 zeds in a zone (literally places them to spawn in specific positions) they can configure the zone to spawn fewer, say 1-5, and 1-5 of those places will randomly spawn. Assuming the spawn zones are being created in the POIs (meaning some weird corruption didn’t delete the zones), you should be able to walk into a POI and have some spawn....if you know where they are supposed to spawn AND you know where the spawn zone areas are. So: let’s assume that you know a poi contains zeds and you know they should spawn when you enter a certain area (like a POi you know well).  So at least you can test they are definitely not spawning.

It’s  possible there is some network (like your home network, or your service provider) or client side lag (cpu/processor) that is causing you to see your character in the PoI, but not allowing the game to sense you have entered the spawn zone. I have noticed this when playing on others servers where I can run around and loot and do whatever I want and there’s no zeds. If I stand in one place for awhile, say, 30-60+ seconds, the lag or something catches up to where I’m standing and the zeds start spawning for just that area. So try that and see if it happens. 

alternatively, especially right around the time this starts happening, people on the server usually start comparing in about lag, so it may be an issue within the game running too long, or some bug gets tripped. Usually the server admins restart the game server and it clears up for awhile. 

alternatively: I’ve read on these forums that a long running server (don’t know how long running is determined) may have spawning issues with animals as some “invisible animal” spawns start choking out spawning (like too many invisible animals spawn and are hanging around, so the game does not spawn any more).

alternatively: if you are at a very low game stage (like day 1) while in the game, not a lot of zeds seems to spawn right in game start, and as you run around. Just in general. They should still spawn like normally all in POIs though. 

also: there are some admin/console commands to run to see when the game spawns in entities.  I don’t know them off the top of my head, but that may help see what is spawning.

Archived