compass glitch

Jobbarwocky

I have this glitch on my compass since the first release of alpha 19. 
I tried all the build and nothing change.

I fully removed and reinstalled the game twice.

I tried to install several UI mods who change the compass too, and still can't fix it.

Looks like my S is broke, but i can turn around and it appear perfectly fine when i see SE and SW. It's just some part of my compass that is not working, and i am not sure why.
I also reinstalled some older version of the game and it works, for alpha 18, alpha 17 and alpha 14.7

Tried to look in know issues for a19, and here in forum, and looks like i am the only one who have this glitch. 
How can i fix it?

compass.png

You're telling me to delete both (saves and saveslocal) folders? With all my worlds, saves and everything?
I mean, if this may fix my issue i'll delete everything, but do i need to re-download pregen01, 02 and 03,  with all the other maps, or they are saved somewhere else?
Also, how can i find the "registry file"?  I know how to access regedit and search things, but can you be more specific with that?

open your regedit and follow the yellow brick road :)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die]

oh and the registry is what you want, there are no separate reg files unless you save/exports some.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

• 2 weeks later...

@Jobbarwocky

I made this video a long while ago maybe it'll help https://youtu.be/IqDHsijAApw

When you uninstall a game, most games, unless you specify "delete ALL data including saved games" it saves your saved game files which is where your remnant mod files are likely in.

image.thumb.png.8af148249f3d9babe7b2091c7ec30bed.png

This is likely where your issue is, this won't be wiped out by an uninstall; as you can see, that's where the UI is stored for that game. You can safely delete the contents inside the Xui folder within your saved game folders and then restart that save, if you so wish. Or, alternatively, you can delete the entire 7daystodie folder in appdata.

If you nuke the mods folder from existence, clean out your appdata (or, in theory, the Xui folder contents of all your saved games), wipe your registry (which the vid will show you), then reverify your game files through steam, then this shouldn't be an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, i had already deleted everything like in the video. I did it again and it didnt worked. Then i changed the renderer back to directx 11 and it fixed. 
Not sure why i was using GLCore, i think it was because i read somewhere that it was better with AMD. Anyways, the GLCore was the thing who glitched my compass the whole time, i am 100% sure now because i tried again today.

Ty anyways.

Archived