My blade traps are not working

oavaroc

I have been using some blade traps and electrical fence traps in my horde base for about a week but when i logged in yesterday, the blade traps just stopped working, the electrical fence works fine. I tried picking them up and replacing them, rewiring everything, repairing everything, and plugging them directly into the power grid instead of using the motion sensor, I tried setting to motion sensor to detect everything and still they don't work. I am not sure what else could be the problem.

brokenbladetrap.png

I came back to them at night and they were spinning which was weird, so I changed the time of day and I found that they just aren't turning on in the day, assuming because they are powered by a battery bank being charged by solar panels? but then I would think the electric fence world be off as well during the day... but as long as they work during a horde night i guess its ok.

I could be wrong but this may happen cause at daytime the solar panels are doing all the work and the battery bank is off at that time. sadly the solar panels are producing less Watt then a full battery bank. So I bet you're over the max Watt of the solar bank. So you should try split the system up to two solar- and Battery banks.

Just go up to the solar bank and look how much it produces and how much you're using. If it's fully used you can be sure there are too many traps

I've got a tip for ya. Use a sign where you write down how much electricity you're using on the Bank

Battery Bank 1

140 W / 300 W

Something like this. I do that too and whenever you wanna add something more you can just look how much there already is. cause most things are working at nighttime or when being triggered so you can never really look at the banks to see how the max usage is so just write it youself  :)

1 hour ago, Diragor said:

I could be wrong but this may happen cause at daytime the solar panels are doing all the work and the battery bank is off at that time. sadly the solar panels are producing less Watt then a full battery bank. So I bet you're over the max Watt of the solar bank.

I remember a similar bug when electrizity was introduced. A powerbank was not used once a producer was producing current. That's not the way it should work and was imho fixed.

If your equipment draws e.g. 200W and the solar panels only produce 100W, the battery bank in between should unload by 100W and everything is still fully powered until the bank runs empty. Then the overall supply is only 100W from the solar panels and that is not enough to keep everything running.

Depends on the setup. If a battery bank is connected correctly and not empty, it should still power everything. If a solar panel can charge the battery during one day to run the stuff at night, during day there also is enough power to run stuff.

It's hard to tell what's wrong from just a screenshot, where you can't see the whole setup, nor the state of the battery bank and the solar panels.

Here are more details about it:

solar bank with 2x level-6 panels (in screenshot) (max output 60W)--> connected to battery bank --> connected to a power relay(1W) --> connected to a power relay(1W) --> connected to a motion sensor(5W) --> connected to 4x blade traps(20W ea.) and 4x pairs of electric fence poles(5W ea.). 107W total I think, unless each pair of poles is 10W, then its 127W

so I think your right that the battery bank isn't doing anything to fill the power needs in the day time when its being charged, even though it has plenty to spare

left half.png

right half.png

batterybank.png

solar.png

Archived