Mod Request to rollback skill system from alpha 15 into current or future builds of 7D2D

Hemavore

Im sure im not entirely alone here. i love the new changes of the current alphas Except the overhauled skill systems that have continued to change from alpha 16,17,18, etc. i loved the progression system from console version which i think is alpha 15 or somewhere close to that. i dont have the tools or knowledge to mod this game but i absolutely dream of playing a current build of 7days, but with the old skill system for progression. i understand there are alot of items that have been added and changed overtime, but i dont think it would cause an imbalance at all if the item level dictates item health as well as entity and block damage as it used to and does on console.

Yeah I miss the old progression where you used a tool\weapon\skill to level proficiency in it, it gave a sense of investment in a certain playstyle, would love a way to to incorporate it into the new system like you rank up the primary skill\stat by using it then distribute the perk points to unique bonuses that enhance that skill.

I think I saw (have not played) that subquakes “undead legacy” does this. Just released overhaul for a19.  It has a lot of nice changes, multiple workstations, new things, etc so it’s not just “back to old skill progression system”, it’s more. Look in the “mods” section for it.  I would provide a link but I’m on my phone .  The place I saw it was someone on YouTube doing a small series on it. Just search YouTube for “undead legacy” and it should pop up a few you tubers showing it off

Archived