Animal taming

Utspartan

Saw a few Zombie Bear/Zombie wolf encounters and it gave me an idea

I would love to see a perk that would allow you to tame the non zombie animals and use them as either cover for you when you are fighting or to protect your house

Would love to be able to tame a bear and have it guard my crib

Just throwing it out there

8 minutes ago, KotCP said:

I do have to wonder why this and Animal Farming hasn't been added in yet.  It seems long over due.

Perhaps because basic surviving is already very easy (except the early start), and having animals tamed that give you endless supplies of meat, would make it even easier.

People tend to want to have things, but don't overthink that there is some game balance to maintain.

From a technical view, it might also cause performance issues.

But iirc there are mods that make it possible anyway.

Game balance difficulty wise, there is always the Add New and Harder Zombies option as well as creating Zombie layers with Boss Zombies in it, not just the Zeds scattered around all the POIs we know so far, but actual Zombie created strong holds with all the bee hive made of dead body parts mush that such would come with.  then you still also need to fill the Lore of "where did the zeds come from, how did this apocalypses start, missions/quest campaign, to explain why 7D2D is a Zed horror apoc."

I think raising farm animals should still be added in.  This game, in of itself still has a huge potential for expanding the games lore and having a campaign path for trying to discover why the zeds exist.  If the game had a "Restart society and restore the modern world, while trying to find out what the source of the Zeds are and how to go about defeating them," then you will have a game play development perspective that will make the "ease of gaining food threw farming and ranching," a small convenience that you develop in the early game, cause the late game goals would be having you entering into zed hive strong holds and trying to end the constant threat of zed attacks, in addition to trying to find out who/what started the zed apoc.

Archived