Vehicle ramps please

Crumpets

The 1/4 blocks that are in creative mode aren't in survival mode. It would be nice if they could be put into survival please. Currently land vehicles aren't able to make a jump with the 1/2 blocks - they really struggle making it up that steep slope and lose all momentum.

Reference picture to explain what I mean: https://www.reddit.com/r/7daystodie/comments/ivunty/ramps_that_should_be_in_the_game/

With those 1/4 blocks I could make a jump over a wall or create a racetrack with jumps for my friends. I really want to do this and have a bit of fun.

I'm new to using the forum here. Let me know if I've posted in the wrong place and I'll fix it.

Thanks,

Crumpets

4 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Regardless of what the reddit comments say, that third ramp is just the wedge and the wedge tip. The second ramp is something else.

Copying and pasting my comment from reddit:

The 1/2 ones are called Wood Wedge Tip and Wood Wedge Incline.

The 1/4 ones are called Wood Narrow Wedge Tip, Wood Narrow Wedge Low, Wood Narrow Wedge Mid and Wood Narrow Wedge Top.

I literally made the ramp myself so I know which blocks I used to make it. The third ramp took 4 blocks to make. The 2 wedges you name ONLY make a ramp that's a 1/2 incline. Obivously, 4 blocks makes a 1/4 incline which is what I'm requesting. 

4 hours ago, Crumpets said:

Copying and pasting my comment from reddit:

The 1/2 ones are called Wood Wedge Tip and Wood Wedge Incline.

The 1/4 ones are called Wood Narrow Wedge Tip, Wood Narrow Wedge Low, Wood Narrow Wedge Mid and Wood Narrow Wedge Top.

I literally made the ramp myself so I know which blocks I used to make it. The third ramp took 4 blocks to make. The 2 wedges you name ONLY make a ramp that's a 1/2 incline. Obivously, 4 blocks makes a 1/4 incline which is what I'm requesting. 

Ah ok. What threw me off was the second ramp. If the second ramp was wedge and wedge tip, it would've been more clear to me. 
I am thinking the reason why that particular style is not available to us is because of the zombie pathing. For a long time, the wedge and tips have been used to manipulate zombie AI in unintended ways, and they just recently resolved those issues this alpha. I can imagine the same problems would resurface if these were allowed. I hope they bring them in... but of course, only if they are tested first. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 3:16 AM, AtomicUs5000 said:

Ah ok. What threw me off was the second ramp. If the second ramp was wedge and wedge tip, it would've been more clear to me. 
I am thinking the reason why that particular style is not available to us is because of the zombie pathing. For a long time, the wedge and tips have been used to manipulate zombie AI in unintended ways, and they just recently resolved those issues this alpha. I can imagine the same problems would resurface if these were allowed. I hope they bring them in... but of course, only if they are tested first. 

I hope they put them back in the survival mode soon, once you've got set up most the fun comes from building interesting and elaborate designs. Do hate this silly battle between Funpimps and players, most the developement seems to be around stopping players making cheese it horde night bases rather than progressing the game. 

Archived