Electricity question

Adimar

Hello guys just a real quick question. I am pretty adept at adjusting xml files but only have recently started watching modding tutorials. I hope to eventually get good enough to make my own mod.

My question is where would I look/adjust in the xml files to make it so my items needing electricity dot require it? Meaning they'll operate without power. I play solo and am resting some things as I learn to mod. I assume it's in the items.xml but what specific line of code am I looking for? Thanks for any answers it is appreciated 

2 hours ago, Adimar said:

Hello guys just a real quick question. I am pretty adept at adjusting xml files but only have recently started watching modding tutorials. I hope to eventually get good enough to make my own mod.

My question is where would I look/adjust in the xml files to make it so my items needing electricity dot require it? Meaning they'll operate without power. I play solo and am resting some things as I learn to mod. I assume it's in the items.xml but what specific line of code am I looking for? Thanks for any answers it is appreciated 

Hi Adimar

The line is this in blocks.xml:

<property name="RequiredPower" value="7"/>

In items.xml it is for this object:  gunBotT2JunkTurret

Regards

I understand where to look

for the power in blocks but not quite understanding what im

seeing In your items reference? If I take the integer down to 0 that would mean that block does not require power to operate I presume? But what are you exactly showing me in the items.xml? I see the junkturret but what line am I adjusting? Sorry to be so elementary but any response is appreciated 

I suppose that if you set it to 0 it won't ask for power or you can set it to false or delete the line, but always make sure to make a backup copy of the file.
I showed you this item gunBotT2JunkTurret, because it also asks for <property name = "RequiredPower" value = "7" />, just that.

Archived