Peas Please?

twilit.tera

I ❤️ love ❤️ the new recipes in 19! It actually feels very satisfying when I can put more than 3 ingredients together and come up with something really filling and healthy. 

My only problem with it - my favorites so far (all both of them) require peas. Peas I can only get from a can. Which I might get once every couple of days, even with loot spawn cranked way up. So I'm stockpiling everything else, fresh meat, fresh veg, other canned goods. 

Which leads me to my more general point - animal and plant varieties and their lack. I want peas in my garden. I want an orchard - what survivalist *isn't* going to plant an orchard like, yesterday? I want strawberries and carrots and beans. But mostly now I want fresh peas!

Thanks to the devs for keeping this project rolling along. I've been almost non-existent on the forums but 7 days is my #1 obsessively played game.

2 minutes ago, twilit.tera said:

I ❤️ love ❤️ the new recipes in 19! It actually feels very satisfying when I can put more than 3 ingredients together and come up with something really filling and healthy. 

My only problem with it - my favorites so far (all both of them) require peas. Peas I can only get from a can. Which I might get once every couple of days, even with loot spawn cranked way up. So I'm stockpiling everything else, fresh meat, fresh veg, other canned goods. 

Which leads me to my more general point - animal and plant varieties and their lack. I want peas in my garden. I want an orchard - what survivalist *isn't* going to plant an orchard like, yesterday? I want strawberries and carrots and beans. But mostly now I want fresh peas!

Thanks to the devs for keeping this project rolling along. I've been almost non-existent on the forums but 7 days is my #1 obsessively played game.

Its intentional so canned foods are more valuable and their are more player trade offs.  Do you eat those canned peas or save them for that super filling food recipe?

Canned foods are also available at traders and vending machines.

9 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Its intentional so canned foods are more valuable and their are more player trade offs.  Do you eat those canned peas or save them for that super filling food recipe?

Canned foods are also available at traders and vending machines.

I do get the point of requiring canned foods for the more complicated, more useful recipes... it's more the ratio that seems way off to me. I can find 5 stacks of Sham, 2 or 3 stacks of tuna, beef rations or lamb rations, but only 2 cans (not stacks) of peas? The reason I suggested gardening for the peas is that this is a thing we'd naturally do - peas are a pretty simple crop to grow, as are beans. Let the government issue white label rations be the rare item - how much of that stuff is really going to be floating around after the world ends? If I'm getting 1 or 2 tins of meat for every 4 tins of peas, that means I'm keeping a relatively even inventory and using every tin.

The rest was just my personal wishlist, to add more variety to the game, and not so much a complaint. 

Archived