Smelting Mod - Items

Scyclone

Hello everyone,

I was playing around with the idea of a new potential mod but I am not too sure how to go about implementing such a thing. I was looking at the Advanced Bellows and how it functions within the forge. Is there any way to create another tier for the bellows by any chance? 

So if the advanced bellows decreases smelting by 0.333. I know that it would be easy enough to change that to a different value but what would it take for me to create a new item that functions like the advanced bellows (essentially replacing it inside the forge) but at a greater smelting decrease?

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Scyclone said:

Hello everyone,

I was playing around with the idea of a new potential mod but I am not too sure how to go about implementing such a thing. I was looking at the Advanced Bellows and how it functions within the forge. Is there any way to create another tier for the bellows by any chance? 

So if the advanced bellows decreases smelting by 0.333. I know that it would be easy enough to change that to a different value but what would it take for me to create a new item that functions like the advanced bellows (essentially replacing it inside the forge) but at a greater smelting decrease?

Thoughts?

Hi Scyclone

It would be to create a new item that works the same as the bellows, you would only edit it to make the smelt decrease of materials (also change the name and other things), it would also be to change the object that the forge asks or if you leave the normal bellows, you would have to increase the forge slots.
Another thing would be that you do only the mod that edits the smelt decrease of materials, it would be easier that way.

Yeah, so there is no clean way to have two separate items. One that can be found reasonably easily (such as the current bellows) and then an upgrade later on by which you'll replace the old one with. Meaning both have a purpose inside the forge, but within the same slot essentially.

8 minutes ago, Scyclone said:

Yeah, so there is no clean way to have two separate items. One that can be found reasonably easily (such as the current bellows) and then an upgrade later on by which you'll replace the old one with. Meaning both have a purpose inside the forge, but within the same slot essentially.

If possible, you only change the probability of looting to the normal bellows so that it comes out more easily when looting and to the new bellows you reduce the probability.
To have both in the forge, you need to edit the forge and add the name of the new bellows, increase 1 more slot and add the name in XUi> Windows to add the name of the new bellows.

5 hours ago, Scyclone said:

Yeah, so no matter what - it looks like the other item will end up stacking with the normal bellows assuming you have both huh?

No, you can put different items in the same slot.  There is a parameter on the line that specifies the tools, something like RequiredToolsOnly.  If you set it to false, you can put any item in the tool slots.

Archived