Expand each "epoch"

August Spies

In general I like this patch.  It makes sense to expand each epoch of time, stone age, iron, steel.  The devs are correct in that finding top rated gear off the bat leaves a poor mid/end game.

Yet there are a lot of complaints about the periods dragging on and the feeling of not finding much that is worthwhile, for example, hiding off on safes at the beginning.  

What about expanding out mods and item sets to add greater diversity for each period? There have already been a couple of ideas on the thread.

This could include new mods, and weapons that fit the stone age theme. 

For example, broken glass and a candle for leather strap that adds bleed dmg. 

Barbed point for the spear, bow, bone knife that adds a slight speed snare. 

Blunderbuss could have different variations.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, August Spies said:

In general I like this patch.  It makes sense to expand each epoch of time, stone age, iron, steel.  The devs are correct in that finding top rated gear off the bat leaves a poor mid/end game.

Yet there are a lot of complaints about the periods dragging on and the feeling of not finding much that is worthwhile, for example, hiding off on safes at the beginning.  

What about expanding out mods and item sets to add greater diversity for each period? There have already been a couple of ideas on the thread.

This could include new mods, and weapons that fit the stone age theme. 

For example, broken glass and a candle for leather strap that adds bleed dmg. 

Barbed point for the spear, bow, bone knife that adds a slight speed snare. 

Blunderbuss could have different variations.

Thoughts?

MM is already doing this by removing blunderbuss and adding pipe guns for t0 weapons. I dont think its needed. 

If I come across safe early game and have lock picks or iron pickaxe, I open safe. Its going to respawn anyway. 

Archived