Unexplainable ping on friend's server (latest experimental build)

hernanmejiag

I played yesterday on a friend's server and had no issues whatsoever. Today, while the other players have no issues, I have a 3-4 second delay for most actions, audio is delayed, etc. Only difference between me and the other players is that I'm the only one in a different country, but that's about it. We've tried closing and reopening the server, restarting pc, exiting and rejoining, nothing has helped. Every time I log back in the weird lag is there. Both the host and I have solid internet connections that are not experiencing any issues.

Could be just that the connection to the server is being routed differently than yesterday.

I've used a program called PingPlotter in the past to find out which connection node caused the issues I was having (with Internet connectivity in general)

It was one of my ISP's connection points on the way abroad which had issues, I contacted them with a picture of the pingplotter screen and explained my issues. Took maybe a day or two and they fixed the issue.

But in case it is a game issue, they're going to need log files from both you and the server host.

Archived