Just a couple of questions (much love everybody)

Hey guys its been a while and this'll be my first official standalone post back in a few.  (I tug my own balls a lot)

Anyway I've obviously been looking to update my mod from Alpha 14 Which shows how long roughly its been lol, And I've come across a few things I cant seem to find information on anywhere.. Well at least for Alpha 19.

MAIN question I have is what happened to Param2 in blocks.xml? Is it depreciated? inactive? just plain does nothing? or does it just work a little different than before?

An example I can give of how it used to work was when Valmar created the Autowall mod out of a plant.. growing a block on top of the last one..

What he explained to me was that param1="numerical" and param2="a second block type"

The reason was That the whole function looked something like :

Spoiler

<property name="GrowOnTop" value="AutoWall:" param1="5" param2="rWoodMaster" />

notice the initial value was a copy of itself thus creating an endless cycle block on a block on a block etc.. Yet param1 told it how many times to go up before adding param2 a standard block to break the cycle.

So  my question remains does param2 just work differently now or what? Because It obviously doesn't just work like this now.

Next question I have was about adding a new workstation.. I'm not completely lost or anything I did manage to Add new resources and ui to the original forge mind you makes it look like it was made that way lol.

But if I wanted to add a second forge just for the additional units is where I couldn't find the line.. Is that possible? a simple yes or no can help a lot here XD

And Finally .. I forgot my next question LMAO .. oh well Genius is as Genius does boys just means I'll have to edit later XD

EDIT: I think I remember I wanted to ask if we've cracked Block stack limits and Textures or tinting Blocks yet? or is that still strictly done by third party programs still? 

Thanks in advance for any and all help you might give me on this Wish I could just ask Valmar like the old days haha  ;)

Much Love ~Scrotis

1 hour ago, MasterScrotis said:

EDIT: I think I remember I wanted to ask if we've cracked Block stack limits and Textures or tinting Blocks yet? or is that still strictly done by third party programs still?

Block stacks and item stacks can go upto 30k (no more)

textures unable to at this stage

tinting cars has been done so fairly sure blocks can be. I def know items can lol 😛

PS: Xpath is what (the old SDX used) which is now called DMT -

if you ever worked on any a sdx modlet or used xpath this is the newest way of 7 d2d modding.

ALso plenty of great tutorials here -

https://community.7daystodie.com/forum/39-tutorials-guides/

By great modders of the & d2d modding community :-)

Cheers

Stallionsden

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Block stacks and item stacks can go upto 30k (no more)

textures unable to at this stage

tinting cars has been done so fairly sure blocks can be. I def know items can lol 😛

Ok textures I expected But tinting blocks would be the bees knees sir! gonna have to learn me how to do that XD

Same as block stacks We always needed an external program which breaks EAC so that's good to know I can tinker with that I appreciate it 😃

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

PS: Xpath is what (the old SDX used) which is now called DMT -

if you ever worked on any a sdx modlet or used xpath this is the newest way of 7 d2d modding.

ALso plenty of great tutorials here -

https://community.7daystodie.com/forum/39-tutorials-guides/

By great modders of the & d2d modding community 🙂

This isn't really my cup of joe mind you.. I actually have this program already with a guide its still chinese to me. 

This is what I meant when I asked if we needed third party programs to do stuff like edit block stacks and stuff still lol.

These guys who mod like this are bananas Though mad respect.

Archived