Need help with locating A19's dynamic music

Sapphire_

So I kinda want to change some dynamic music (making a meme soundpack) that plays at traders and at the base (both at night and day). Looking for "HomeDay" and "HomeNight" through UABE didn't work, so I'm assuming they're in other place or just having a different name. Anyone knows where to find them?

You can find these under configs, under the xml file dmscontent. Hope this helps.

<property type="SingleClip" name="HomeDay" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_Home" sections="HomeDay" path="#Sounds/Music?HomeDay.wav"/>
    <property type="SingleClip" name="HomeNight" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_Home" sections="HomeNight" path="#Sounds/Music?HomeNight.wav"/>
    <property type="SingleClip" name="TraderBob" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_TraderTheme" sections="TraderBob" path="#Sounds/Music?TraderBob.wav"/>
    <property type="SingleClip" name="TraderJoel" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_TraderTheme" sections="TraderJoel" path="#Sounds/Music?TraderJoel.wav"/>
    <property type="SingleClip" name="TraderJen" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_TraderTheme" sections="TraderJen" path="#Sounds/Music?TraderJen.wav"/>
    <property type="SingleClip" name="TraderHugh" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_TraderTheme" sections="TraderHugh" path="#Sounds/Music?TraderHugh.wav"/>
    <property type="SingleClip" name="TraderRekt" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_TraderTheme" sections="TraderRekt" path="#Sounds/Music?TraderRekt.wav"/>

It does help a bit, thanks

The next step is: am I even gonna be able to change this? It's not even in game files, but in Data\Bundles\Sounds, file is "music". I tried to unpack and listen to it, but it can't be unpacked cause of the error saying like streamed stuff can't be unpacked or something like that. Changing music to sharedassets0.resource music.manifest to sharedassets0.assets kinda does work, but it shows the error above why I can't unpack it. So how do I change it?

Edit: I think it's kind of encrypted, googled a bit and I don't think I can unpack or modify it in any way, so the only way to change it is to make a mod or something like that 😕

I just tested it out and it works fine.  Replaced the Home music with a nice classical song.   

Xpath out the existing HomeDay property:  <remove xpath="/root/content/property[143]" />

then add back in the new one:

<append xpath="/root/content">
        <property type="SingleClip" name="HomeDay" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_Home" sections="HomeDay" path="#@modfolder:Resources/testsong.unity3d?Arabesque"/>
     </append>

make the new song clip by dragging a music clip into unity, then click on it and export as a .unity3d file.   If I have time I can make a sample modlet.

I made a video tutorial on how to add sounds using Unity.

Good luck

13 minutes ago, xyth said:

I just tested it out and it works fine.  Replaced the Home music with a nice classical song.   

<property type="SingleClip" name="HomeDay" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_Home" sections="HomeDay" path="#@modfolder:Resources/testsong.unity3d?Arabesque"/>

Drag a musicclip into unity, then click on it and export as a .unity3d file.   If I have time I can make a sample modlet.

Do I have to use some kind of other 7DTD launcher to run the game with mods?

21 minutes ago, xyth said:

The clients will need the .unity3d file as it isnt pushed by servers

I see, I think I'm blind or it's just not there: I put the sound in Unity engine, but there is no "Export as a .unity3d file", there's "Export package" and the file would have .unitypackage extension, is this right or not?

Edit: using Unity 2019.3.15f1

123.png

10 minutes ago, xyth said:

unity version needs to be 2019.2.x   You need the multiplatformexport script to make the .unity3d.  if you have not watched the beginners modding videos, I suggest you do that first.

Alright, I see now, thanks.

So I made a .unity3d file with two files in it: HomeDay.wav and HomeNight.wav. Don't know how to use Xpath thing, so I kind of... manually did it? Can't open game xmls using SevenDaysToDieModCreator.exe for unknown reasons, lol. 

I just didn't understand two things:

1) where do I put "<remove xpath="/root/content/property[143]" />"? In dmscontent.xml or where?

2) should I separate music files? Like, can I put 2-3 music files in .unity3d file and use it? Or is it better when separated?

I think example would be good cause I'm a dumb newb lol

link to my nonsense: https://mega.nz/file/B6YRgAZA#vM6ReFNViH_SrKH8uDp6sMQqelfW74OiZTCpClfbQnQ (updated it a bit)

You can put multiple songs into a single .unity3d bundle.    Take a look at my creturepackhumans modlet, I left in my test xml in that modlet so you can see the changes in the dmscontent.xml xpath.

If your going to change more than one thing, like day and night, you need to remove both vanilla entries.  The property[143] is a cheezy way to point to the day property, it should be written based on the name and values as that method will break everytime TFP changes that file.

10 minutes ago, xyth said:

You can put multiple songs into a single .unity3d bundle.    Take a look at my creturepackhumans modlet, I left in my test xml in that modlet so you can see the changes in the dmscontent.xml xpath.

If your going to change more than one thing, like day and night, you need to remove both vanilla entries.  The property[143] is a cheezy way to point to the day property, it should be written based on the name and values as that method will break everytime TFP changes that file.

I see, I actually edited a line so instead of "<property type="SingleClip" name="HomeDay" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_Home" sections="HomeDay" path="#@modfolder:Sounds/yeet.unity3d?HomeDay"/>" it works with "<property type="SingleClip" name="HomeDay" source ="Sounds/AudioSource_Home" sections="HomeDay" path="#@modfolder:Sounds/yeet.unity3d?HomeDay"/>, cause I also saw it in console loading this sound. Also thanks for help :D

Also, I renamed dmscontent.xml file to sounds.xml, don't know what actually worked: removing the space I didn't need or renaming all of that

It should not work if you rename dmscontent.xml to sounds.xml, but if it worked, that's interesting.  Not sure why you would want to do that though.  I also dont see a different in your line edit.

13 minutes ago, xyth said:

It should not work if you rename dmscontent.xml to sounds.xml, but if it worked, that's interesting.  Not sure why you would want to do that though.  I also dont see a different in your line edit.

Well, all I did is remove space in this line "<remove xpath="/root/content/property[143]" />" which you left there, I think that's why it didn't work

Then changed path like I showed above and created Sounds folder, moved my .unity3d file there from Resources and it worked

ACTUALLY I'm just dumb and it is called dmscontent.xml, I just renamed the folder to Sounds and that's it I think

Edit: actually noticed a mistake where i showed some lines, first line had Resources folder, then I just renamed it to Sounds (2nd line)

• 4 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, xyth said:

Xpath out the existing HomeDay property:  <remove xpath="/root/content/property[143]" />

then add back in the new one:

<append xpath="/root/content">
     </append>

make the new song clip by dragging a music clip into unity, then click on it and export as a .unity3d file.   If I have time I can make a sample modlet.

I made a video tutorial on how to add sounds using Unity.

Good luck

I have successfully made it through all of the steps of making the sound I want in the game and getting it into the game just fine. What I made a sound for though is a different sound for when it changes from day to night and I can't locate where that is in any of the xml files. Do you happen to know where those would be?

7 hours ago, xyth said:

The NightHome property is next to the DayHome property in the DMSContent.xml

That's the music that plays when you're just at home at night time correct? I'm looking to change that little ambient chime that happens at 22:00 when it changes from day time to night time.

@IrishManJMo I looked through the sound xml file quite thoroughly and more than once.... I too cannot find the noise it makes when it transitions from day to night, night to day, or day to blood moon night. I even tried looking at alternative xml files, but no luck.  I also considered the soudn being used for something else and labeled differently, but couldn't find something like that either! As @xyth says, I think it is hard coded.

2 minutes ago, Riles said:

@IrishManJMo I looked through the sound xml file quite thoroughly and more than once.... I too cannot find the noise it makes when it transitions from day to night, night to day, or day to blood moon night. I even tried looking at alternative xml files, but no luck.  I also considered the soudn being used for something else and labeled differently, but couldn't find something like that either! As @xyth says, I think it is hard coded.

Ya unfortunately I believe it is as well as other posts do list the name being nightfall_oneshot.wav I believe if you extract the assets themselves but I was hopeful it was also in the xml somewhere. My workaround that I'm trying to accomplish is figure out how the Trader timer works as far as sounds go. For example the Trader Speaker POI block in blocks.xml lists the sound effects that are made at the appropriate times but I can't figure out how to trigger these outside of them being part of a trader prefab. My hope was to duplicate one of these speakers but change the sound of the closing announcement to the sound of my choice. For now I'm just using regular speakers with timed relays I suppose.

Archived