Gun ideas.

jacob2824

All the gun have 3 levels to them ex. pistol, magnum, desert vulture. the only Gun that not have this is the smg maybe the low tier smg can be a Tec 9. then the original smg can be a mid tier smg and the top tier could be some kind of rifle like an m4 converted into an smg. On top of this, the smg ,and marksman's rifle has to be redone at some point they most likely already have that on a notepad somewhere. and an idea for the shotgun is to maybe make the character have to reload 8 shells instead of what looks like 2, maybe there can be a special shotgun magazine or skill where instead of individually reloading 1 shell at a time you would do 2 speeding the reload up, and of course to be able to stop the reload animation if there is a zombie in front of you, the pimps most likely already have there own ideas on this topic that are better than mine that there waiting to implement but at the moment I'm sure they have bigger priorities.   

Would the p90 work as the top tier SMG for your idea? 

there is the pp keder and a couple others that would work for low tier SMGs but the teck would be sweet 

Also I agree that there should be a better reload for the shot gun 2 shells takes alot of emerson out of the gun play. Even if they added a speed loader animation or somthing that would look alot better.

1 hour ago, Toybox372 said:

Would the p90 work as the top tier SMG for your idea?

Depends if TFPs either were willing to add another cartridge or if they would just ignore rw and have it use 9x19 (cringing) (like the AK using 7.62x51 instead of 7.62x39) Wouldn't be a bad choice, and it's rw cartridge, 5.7x28 was designed to penetrate Lvl3-a body armor so they could give it a + against armor like the in-game soldiers appear to wear.

On the bottom end I think a Mac-10 (were made in both .45ACP and 9mm) would be a great choice.

I'd initially thought of the old M3 "grease gun" submachine gun for T1, but thought, "-why- for mercys sake?!?" those things were _horrible!_ and I wouldn't wish them on a zombie! ... well, come to think of it, maybe I would :biggrin1: (Edit: they were also .45ACP only)

Being pretty old-school I'd have a hard time finding flaws with the current H&K MP5 being the T3, and it normally used the 9x19 round. Was also sold in the US in fair quantities.

One of it's newer brethren (MP7) uses a unique cartridge, 4.6x30, and I don't think there was a US civilian version, nor much use by US military/police.

The other newer one from H&K, the UMP, comes in 9mm, and is being used by US Border Patrol. So 'believeable' to find one in AZ.

For Tier-2 kinda hard not to see an Uzi there. Iconic looks, large production, tough, chambered in 9x19, etc.

Anyway :) just rambling around.

I think the chances of them adding another round caliber is not high, an example is when they removed the 10mm that was originally used for the smg they probably don't want to complicate the ammo too much with different variants and such. and the smg should get a new model in my opinion its just not right, the mp5 SD3 without a silencer is weird to me, the Uzi and mac-10 is a good idea I think the Uzi should replace the old SMG and the mac-10 should be a low tier gun maybe.  

3 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Depends if TFPs either were willing to add another cartridge or if they would just ignore rw and have it use 9x19 (cringing) (like the AK using 7.62x51 instead of 7.62x39) Wouldn't be a bad choice, and it's rw cartridge, 5.7x28 was designed to penetrate Lvl3-a body armor so they could give it a + against armor like the in-game soldiers appear to wear.

On the bottom end I think a Mac-10 (were made in both .45ACP and 9mm) would be a great choice.

I'd initially thought of the old M3 "grease gun" submachine gun for T1, but thought, "-why- for mercys sake?!?" those things were _horrible!_ and I wouldn't wish them on a zombie! ... well, come to think of it, maybe I would :biggrin1: (Edit: they were also .45ACP only)

Being pretty old-school I'd have a hard time finding flaws with the current H&K MP5 being the T3, and it normally used the 9x19 round. Was also sold in the US in fair quantities.

One of it's newer brethren (MP7) uses a unique cartridge, 4.6x30, and I don't think there was a US civilian version, nor much use by US military/police.

The other newer one from H&K, the UMP, comes in 9mm, and is being used by US Border Patrol. So 'believeable' to find one in AZ.

For Tier-2 kinda hard not to see an Uzi there. Iconic looks, large production, tough, chambered in 9x19, etc.

4 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Yeah the AK kills me as well. But my suggestions were to just make them 9x19 the dev's dont want to add to many ammo types. Lol could you imagine an mp7 for pvp thing fires so fast the game would probably break . Also I was kinda thinking they would add a little ap to the p90. Nothing crazy but make it a good t3 weapon that competes with the new auto shotty and machine gun for late game hordes. 

I basically agree with both of you :) and it's a good topic as well.

Saying this while hating the idea, but TFPs might be better off changing to generic terms like, "Pistol/SMG Ammo" & "Rifle/AR/MG Ammo" :puke:

I'm not playing a19 yet and haven't watched much vid footage so I don't know what the new 'Assault Rifle' is modeled on. From a couple comments I'm guessing it's an M16/M4 type? Also guessing they didn't add 5.56?

So since things are already pretty fubar ammo wise, generic terms might be better for Vanilla..

Gotta say though that MM has said that the small ammo stack sizes are so we have to make "tactical" choices, so, to me at least, it would seem to fit that idea _better_ if there were more ammo types/cartridges.

Right now, if above guesses are correct, then player can take an AR and a Sniper and use the same ammo?

I personally would prefer it if they added 5.56 with 2ea gunpowder craft cost. Then there'd be a real choice, both backpack slots and crafting costs wise.

10 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Right now, if above guesses are correct, then player can take an AR and a Sniper and use the same ammo?

I personally would prefer it if they added 5.56 with 2ea gunpowder craft cost. Then there'd be a real choice, both backpack slots and crafting costs wise.

having an AR and sniper rifle using the same caliber, it could be possible but if they made it so there was a different caliber that would add some more decision making and coordinating before you go out on your next loot run. now if they wanted to stick to real life they should maybe keep the 7.62 for sniper rifles as for the new sniper rifle looks like a Dragonov the assault rifles how ever are confusing the m4 uses a 5.56 caliber while the AK uses 7.62 while the m60 uses 7.62. and the sniper rifles in the games look like they would also hold 7.62 ammunition, or you could use game logic and just give the snipers a bigger cartridge or make all the assault rifles chambered in 5.56 so its possible to be able to put in another caliber maybe.

@jacob2824 , sry, my post wasn't clear.

Intended it to be a "wtf?" sentence, like how the h3ll does the assault rifle and sniper using same ammo make sense?!?

Completely agreee with adding in 5.56 cartridge. Perfect mid-power round (2 gunpowder to craft), crazy amounts in circulation in rw, the actual correct round for M16/M4 variants, and adds the "tactical" pressure-choice of how many slots are you willing to use up for your loadout?

New sniper is... an odd choice. Dragonovs are very rare & weren't particularly good; the Kalashnikov design was never intended to provide high accuracy. Could be TFPs 'gun guy' brought up the Israeli IMI Galil rifles, which improved on the Valmets which were refinements of the Kalashnikov. Much better rifles but again very rare in the US.

If believeablility (and number of cartridges) isn't a concern then they could add a T3 or T4 Sniper that uses .300 or .338 Win Mag rounds. There are a few AR-10 style .300s available, and Brownings BARs come in both .300 & .338.

While a .50 Cal would be awesome, if it _didn't_ one-shot -anything- lots of folks would be crying BS!!! so maybe going the .300 Win Mag route would add a 2-3 shot kill on demolishers without riling folks up.

For funs sake I posted about maybe adding in a classic (could even be black powder) big game rifle+cartridge a while back. Something like a a double rifle 375 H&H, or one of the Weatherby belted Magnums in a bolt action; true elephant guns to take down the demolishers.

Anyway... I get that most if not all of this will only come by mods. Seems a shame to me, but at least it's possible :)

Archived