Wedge Tips - Still Works in A19

Black Hat

Or use plates, fence, or bars. You can walk on them, Zeds cant.

The thing is the zeds path in the middle of the block. This explains why they can walk across centered bars but not across normal bars.

TFP just put in some special case code for wedge tips, in stead of making the AI find parts of the block where they can stand. 

I imagine it is a performance thing.  Looking for surfaces spots where the zed can and can not walk across blocks means extra processing.

I've seen some videos that shows the the zeds won't loop any more.  In my testing they do.  

I believe the solution is that the Zeds need to avoid places where they fall or go into a loop (mark the block as impassable in the zed's pathing AI)

Fix the Pathing to look for parts where the block does have a surface that can provide support.

And combine it with a slightly better S.I that does not provide support on ALL sides of a block, only those sides where the block has something in.  

Essentially if you can move through that space, the blocks should not magically hover above one another.  Simplest case:  Plates must face in the same direction to support another plate and have their back in the same plane.

For what it is worth I did not watch this video.

Archived