Game freezes when talking to a trader

demontex

When I try to talk to any trader, as soon as the screen zooms in to the trader face the game freezes up most of my controls.  I can't move, escape, or interact.  Only my Function keys work.  I've tried about 7 new games using the create map, Nava, and 2 of the 3 custom ones and it doesn't matter as all the traders freeze up.

I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting the saved games folder, deleting all profiles, but nothing seems to help.  I'm not really seeing anyone else mentioning this issue, so not sure what that could mean for me...

The game runs amazing for me.  Smooth now at around 70-90 FPS with everything turned all the way up.  It will dip down to 40 fps at times, but overall it's a big improvement.

That happens to me(over various alphas also), it doesn't freeze completely, but sometimes there's a huge lag spike when you first interact with the trader and it loads up all of the inventory. It unfreezes for me after a couple seconds. Then if I exit out of the trader menu and decide to interact with him again shortly after, there is no lag, kinda like everything is already loaded. Can you get past it by decreasing some of your quality settings?

No.   I tried turning everything down, although I don't have any load or play lag.  It is/was very smooth and quick.  I have even left the computer for a while in frustration with the screen frozen while I tried researching the issue on another PC. 

I did another full delete and install of the game.  Deleted all the game files, mods, past downloads, cache, cleared it out of steam files also, and everything else I could think of.  Spent a day making sure everything was gone.  Did a clean install through Steam this time and it apparently worked.  I can now access the trader with everything on full, instantly, and the game runs amazing now.

Something was broken.  There was not even any log files being created.

It's fixed now, so hopefully this helps someone else.  FPS is around 120 now with everything on max.  It dips in areas but overall it's a nice change!

Archived