Default drop rate (finally) increased?

Hollowprime

I'm getting a lot of loot bags and despite the fact the loot is balanced, I thought I had the bonus drop rate mod on. But I verified the game files and I had no mod on.

I'm really bad at reading the xml files (I think they are chaotic) , but I'd like to ask how much is the drop rate now ? I did read that the drop rate increases every bloodmoon though, what does that mean exactly?

They did not increase the drop rate. Still 2% for normals, 3% for ferals/radiated, 30% (!) for demolishers. That last may be a typo in the XML, but hey let's not argue with it.

<entity_class name="zombieDemolition" extends="zombieSoldier">
    <property name="Tags" value="entity,zombie,walker,boss"/>
...more stuff...
    <property name="ExperienceGain" value="750"/>
    <property name="LootDropEntityClass" value="EntityLootContainerBoss"/>
    <property name="LootDropProb" value=".3"/>
</entity_class>

16 hours ago, Hollowprime said:

I thought I had the bonus drop rate mod on. But I verified the game files and I had no mod on.

One note: the "verify game files" option does not check for/remove mods, unless those mods are ones that change core game files directly. A modlet that just increases drop rates would use XPath commands to dynamically change the XML each time the game starts. Verify game files will not detect this, nor disable the mod.

Check that your /mods folder is empty. That is how you are sure there are no mods loading. Your logfile will also show any mods as they are loaded.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 5:38 PM, Boidster said:

They did not increase the drop rate. Still 2% for normals, 3% for ferals/radiated, 30% (!) for demolishers. That last may be a typo in the XML, but hey let's not argue with it.

<entity_class name="zombieDemolition" extends="zombieSoldier">
    <property name="Tags" value="entity,zombie,walker,boss"/>
...more stuff...
    <property name="ExperienceGain" value="750"/>
    <property name="LootDropEntityClass" value="EntityLootContainerBoss"/>
    <property name="LootDropProb" value=".3"/>
</entity_class>

One note: the "verify game files" option does not check for/remove mods, unless those mods are ones that change core game files directly. A modlet that just increases drop rates would use XPath commands to dynamically change the XML each time the game starts. Verify game files will not detect this, nor disable the mod.

Check that your /mods folder is empty. That is how you are sure there are no mods loading. Your logfile will also show any mods as they are loaded.

Ah damn. I was playing with a nice drop rate (about 25% ) and I was really hoping for it to be permanent. I have so much fun with  that drop rate , as in I can actually tower defense A16 style.

Guess I'll remove it now and check A19 again.

Edit: I was about to test the latest A19 starting on wasteland because of the high drop rate I could play high risk high reward gameplay (I got a constant stream of zombie bears just by being next to a hospital) .  I'm half dissapointed now.

Archived