Object reference not set to an instance of an object

djdrewcifer

Good Morning.  recently i upgraded my PC to Windows 10 (Finally, i know).  When i went to load up my game that i am playing with my friend, the loading screen gets stuck on the creating player portion and repeats the error "Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object"  i have tried verifying files through steam, deleting the save folder and replacing it with a back up, but no luck.  I have a character that i like and would be bummed out if i have to start over.  is there any way to fix this?  i am including a link for the log. 

https://justpaste.it/7dr8m

Thanks in advance

DJDrewcifer

Here's the error.

2020-06-14T08:05:26 44.517 ERR Could not load file 'C:\Users\aheck\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Navezgane/Ich Tu Dir Weh/blockmappings.nim': Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Looks like this file is corrupted. This is one that's built when you start the save, so it may be possible to recover. You have your backup already. Delete the entire save folder. 

Then create a new save with the same name as this one. That will re-generate the data.  Copy the blockmappings.nim out to your backup. Then delete the new save and restore your backup that has the new file.

Theoretically, this should take care of it.

Also, since you're on a fresh build of Win 10, be certain you have the latest driver installed from Nvidia.  If Win 10 does a big update, re-install the driver from Nvidia.

Archived