Some suggestions

Sos

in the attached file here there are some suggestions in details, the topics are 1- Fictional Partner, 2- Raising chicken and rabbits, 3- Training and petting a wild wolf, 4- Fishing, 5-Boat, I made these suggestions for the love of the game and it took me around 2 weeks to get through every detail, please let me know what you think about it whether you like it or not, I'll appreciate your communication, thanks for everything 

7 days to die suggetions.docx

I assume you hope for an answer from TFP. I'm only a regular forum user, but have read a lot of info TFP posted over the last 2-3 years and have some idea what TFP would likely tell you.

First of all, the game has been in development for 7 years, in that time hundreds of ideas have been posted by forum users again and again and only a small subset can be put into the game by the small team of programmers employed by TFP. Your ideas are generally good ideas and so it should be no surprise to you that similar ideas to yours have been posted already and commented on by TFP. In detail:

1- Fictional partner(s) is very similar to the idea that there should be a settlement of NPCs you have to care for. Bring them food, defend them,... And they in turn would provide you services. TFP is developing NPCs right now, first of all to add bandits into the game. Possibly trader NPCs or even some lone NPCs and static settlements will get into the game as well. But since they want to release the game in the not too distant feature, something like a settlement you care for is too big a feature. In other words, this is an idea for a DLC, an expansion or 7Days2Die 2

2- TFP itself seems not to be much interested in expanding 7D2D in that direction, but there are mods you might check out that have expanded farming.

3- I think a wolf companion was high on TFPs own list of things they wanted in the game, but after finding out how difficult it is to make NPCs follow you in a voxel world (and knowing how even Bethesda didn't get it really working) they went for a less problematic idea, a flying companion. So in A19 or A20 at the latest a hovering robot will be added. A real NPC or wolf following you, that is again something they might think about in an expansion after release.

4 and 5- Everything having to do with water depends on water physics. TFP have said they are not happy about the current state of the water physics and that it would have to be overhauled. But again, this is not likely to happen before release. So first release, then overhaul of water physics, then possibly boats, animals in the water, fishing.

PS: Not many people in a forum will download a separate file to read it. Better post summaries of your ideas, if anyone is interested in them he can ask you for the detailed file. Hard truth: Ideas are easy, implementing them is the hard part. TFP themselves said they have more ideas than they could implement in a hundred years

I don't know. But no matter where you post your ideas, don't expect much interest from the developers this late in the development of the game.

It is like someone is building a house and is already in the process of putting in furniture. And at that time people suggest things like new rooms and an additional staircase. Demand is obviously low.

A positive effect from posting ideas might be that TFP can see which ideas interest the community a lot and which don't

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 7:24 AM, Sos said:

in the attached file here there are some suggestions in details, the topics are 1- Fictional Partner, 2- Raising chicken and rabbits, 3- Training and petting a wild wolf, 4- Fishing, 5-Boat, I made these suggestions for the love of the game and it took me around 2 weeks to get through every detail, please let me know what you think about it whether you like it or not, I'll appreciate your communication, thanks for everything 

7 days to die suggetions.docx 869.85 kB · 3 downloads

I read some of the doc, I think your ideas are fine, I am not going crazy over the companion wolf or human. However, I do want fishing and coops. I honestly thought it would have been a think a long time ago. I've been playing since 2015 and when I first started I thought farming, and raising animals would be part of the deal. I hope they do eventually add animal raising to the game though. I think with enough begging and pressure they'll try. Also great work on the doc. It was so detailed!

Archived