Electric Fence glitch? or user error..

boyinjapan

I did the due diligence search but was unable to see this particular problem.

Basically my electric fence is operating intermittently - generator with an output of 150w, runs two connections - first an array of 4 spotlights with 4 relays. Total 24 watts right?

The second out connection runs the fence. 5 relays plus 6 fence posts. 35w right? 

So I dont think I am underpowering it. 

The problem is that when the generator is turned on, I can see the blue light on the wires, but only when I am holding the wire tool. If switch to another item on the toolbelt, fence lights go out. What am I doing wrong? A18, vanilla,

19 minutes ago, boyinjapan said:

I did the due diligence search but was unable to see this particular problem.

Basically my electric fence is operating intermittently - generator with an output of 150w, runs two connections - first an array of 4 spotlights with 4 relays. Total 24 watts right?

The second out connection runs the fence. 5 relays plus 6 fence posts. 35w right? 

So I dont think I am underpowering it. 

The problem is that when the generator is turned on, I can see the blue light on the wires, but only when I am holding the wire tool. If switch to another item on the toolbelt, fence lights go out. What am I doing wrong? A18, vanilla,

Have you tried walking into it?

Have you tried walking into it?

Difficult because it is in the fall path of gravity assisted zombies. Basically it is at the top of a 30ish deep pit. The idea being to remove some of their health before I have to shoot them at the bottom of the pit. I did try a fence in the base of the pit but it kept getting wiped out, though it did work.

1 minute ago, boyinjapan said:

Difficult because it is in the fall path of gravity assisted zombies. Basically it is at the top of a 30ish deep pit. The idea being to remove some of their health before I have to shoot them at the bottom of the pit. I did try a fence in the base of the pit but it kept getting wiped out, though it did work.

Okay, are the falling zombie's triggering it? (The blue lines on the fence wires are only supposed to be visible when you're holding the wire tool)

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

(The blue lines on the fence wires are only supposed to be visible when you're holding the wire tool)

That kind of tells me that the problem is imagined then. Well I will have to wait until horde night then. For whatever reason I couldnt get the entity spawner F1 key to work.

Just now, boyinjapan said:

That kind of tells me that the problem is imagined then. Well I will have to wait until horde night then. For whatever reason I couldnt get the entity spawner F1 key to work.

Have to be in debug mode to access the F6 entity spawner list. press F1 then type "dm" (with out the quotes) to activate it. Might not work if your playing in multiplayer and not hosting the map.

Archived