Vanilla A18 elevator

AV7daystodie

I would like to share my elevator design in A18, no mods + floor selector

Basically it is still the good old hatch elevator, but I made some changes so it could work in A18 - elevator system still working as it used to, but the initial push with bottom hatch doesn't. So instead I used powered garage doors 5x3, they basically push you inside shaft. After some tweaks (see prefab/video) it works perfect.

As for floors selection, each floor has powered hatch and corresponding trigger plate on the first floor - when it is triggered, hatch opens (e.g. for 15 sec), so when you use elevator, you stop at that particular floor. You can also use multiple sensors instead of plates in some cases. 

I attached elevator shaft as a prefab, here are some of my electricity settings, since they are not saved in prefab:
motion sensor: power delay 1 sec, power duration 2 sec (no power delay works fine too after you adapt to the system)
trigger plates: power duration 10/15 sec

Some other details:
- Mechanical garage doors, that are always closed are necessary in current design so you don't get stuck in bottom hatch.
- You should not move when garage doors are closing, otherwise you will be pushed into textures.
- Glass curved panels are not necessary, but they prevent you being too close to walls and therefore get stuck in them.

- For way down I used water on the iron sheet at the bottom of the shaft, so you don't get fall damage, but still land on the dry surface

elevator.zip

On 5/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, mr.devolver said:

Hey, cool design. This is exactly one of the situations in which I wish electricity was saved with prefabs... :dejection:

Thanks! Yeah, It's a bummer - I thought about attaching my custom empty 1024x1024 world with this elevator and a save file or at least power.dat, but decided it would be too much of a hassle. Wish there were like POI motion sensors and powered doors that require no electricity and could be used in prefabs.

Archived