Noob question... Adding specific loot in a prefab

Hi there all, I'm a complete noob to prefab building here, but feeling enthusiastic about it.
I have a question about loot containers... If I wanted a loot container to have a specific single item in it so when the prefab is generated, that loot container always spawned with that one item in it, is there a way to do it in the editor? Or would you have to attack the problem from a loot table option?
And whatever the scenario, how would I possibly achieve it... In a step by step instruction kinda way! :)

Many thanks all.

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

cant spawn a container with a specific item thru prefabs unfort. But you can make a modlet where you spawn in your toolbelt the item you wish .

Damn, I had it in mind to tell a story of what happened in the poi, and a specific item would just enhance it. Is there anyway you can think of where you can get a specific item in the poi? Would maybe creating a certain container with a unique signifier/id and alter the loot table of that container to produce the item 100% of the time?

18 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

Damn, I had it in mind to tell a story of what happened in the poi, and a specific item would just enhance it. Is there anyway you can think of where you can get a specific item in the poi? Would maybe creating a certain container with a unique signifier/id and alter the loot table of that container to produce the item 100% of the time?

Long way you possibly could create a storage container unique. Give it its own loot id with that 1 item in it with the lootcontainer.  Then when creating the prefab you place that container down in it and save it. Only way i can think of

Archived