UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Hi!

I have the same problem as black_racer. Lots of .cache files (mobile game content), for every single of them i do these steps:

Open 6aac84fc825dabe02c89c9ece79241ce_assetbundle.cache file in UABE, copying it's name to clipboard in the open dialogue window. UABE says "This bundle file is compressed! Do you wish to unpack it?", i press "Yes", save dialogue window pops up (without any suggestion for name), paste copied name, change it to 6aac84fc825dabe02c89c9ece79241ce.assetbundle by replacing "_" with ".", save. Then i have to press [Export] button and save again as 6aac84fc825dabe02c89c9ece79241ce.assets

Any help with automate of this process would be great.

Something like command line batch extract, then batch export. Or maybe export to .assets from .cache in one step?..

Sample is uploaded here.

LOL, i got it to work! :glee:

I tried before existing batch functions and got only errors here.

Now i test it with all stages of file (cache, CAB, asset) - no luck.

Then i convert my text file with "+DIR y:\Cache" text inside to encoding "UTF-8 without BOM" in terms of Notepad++ and it works now!

Succesfully converted all .cache files in this folder to .assets!

Command is: AssetBundleExtractor.exe batchexport batch.txt

(there's also typo in Usage text AssetsBundleExtractor)

batch.txt have only path to directory inside: +DIR y:\Cache

Hello! Cool tool dude!

I'm trying to change menu_music_long_lp.

I have the latest version afaik (from front page(?)) and both fix's for it, im using x64 bit version.

Anyway, I can view and export dump data to a .txt lovely. I open sharedassets0.assets with UABE.

I edit the exported dump .txt changing these;

this:

1 string m_Source = "sharedassets0.resource"

0 UInt64 m_Offset = 0

0 UInt64 m_Size = 2262240

to this:

1 string m_Source = "sharedassetsTWD.resource"

0 UInt64 m_Offset = 0

0 UInt64 m_Size = 8327000

AND then I import dump it back into the sharedassets0.assets , hit ok, UABE asks if I want to save, i hit yes, i save the file BUT when I open the saved file to see if it worked all most all of the data is missing :(

am I doing somthing wrong here? i dont see it. thanks.

fyi, Following this post instructions: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32600-Overriding-vanilla-files-(assets-)&p=314195&viewfull=1#post314195

Edited by Dicey
to provide referance link (see edit history)

Hello! Cool tool dude!

I'm trying to change menu_music_long_lp.

I have the latest version afaik (from front page(?)) and both fix's for it, im using x64 bit version.

Anyway, I can view and export dump data to a .txt lovely. I open sharedassets0.assets with UABE.

I edit the exported dump .txt changing these;

this:

1 string m_Source = "sharedassets0.resource"

0 UInt64 m_Offset = 0

0 UInt64 m_Size = 2262240

to this:

1 string m_Source = "sharedassetsTWD.resource"

0 UInt64 m_Offset = 0

0 UInt64 m_Size = 8327000

AND then I import dump it back into the sharedassets0.assets , hit ok, UABE asks if I want to save, i hit yes, i save the file BUT when I open the saved file to see if it worked all most all of the data is missing :(

am I doing somthing wrong here? i dont see it. thanks.

fyi, Following this post instructions: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32600-Overriding-vanilla-files-(assets-)&p=314195&viewfull=1#post314195

hmmm....I also use this method to replace the music, on A15.1 - it works.

Try my files - they checked.

You open the asset through globalgamemanagers ?

To be honest I am probably doing something wrong.

I was opening resources.assets, as far as I remember, selecting the item mentioned in it, then hitting 'export dump', changing the details as mentioned previously then I was attempting to 'import dump' the new information in. I tried the same thing by opening globalgamemanagers instead but I'm getting the same result. Does it matter that I am only selecting the file in the list I want to edit to export/import or must I somehow select the whole list?

Must I also not move the filed from the 7d2d directory to gt this done? as I like to copy to desktop first so im not wrecking the original files ect.

Thanks for taking the time to help me, i notice your .txt file has the same name as the item im trying to edit, mine does too, but when I export it originally there are some numbers, menu_music_long_lp_6_6.txt ..I thought it best to not change them, but idk.

To be honest I am probably doing something wrong.

I was opening resources.assets, as far as I remember, selecting the item mentioned in it, then hitting 'export dump', changing the details as mentioned previously then I was attempting to 'import dump' the new information in. I tried the same thing by opening globalgamemanagers instead but I'm getting the same result. Does it matter that I am only selecting the file in the list I want to edit to export/import or must I somehow select the whole list?

Must I also not move the filed from the 7d2d directory to gt this done? as I like to copy to desktop first so im not wrecking the original files ect.

Thanks for taking the time to help me, i notice your .txt file has the same name as the item im trying to edit, mine does too, but when I export it originally there are some numbers, menu_music_long_lp_6_6.txt ..I thought it best to not change them, but idk.

In case you're trying to overwrite the opened .assets file, try another file name. It won't work otherwise.

Will there be support for mip-mapping ? :chuncky:

I'll look into it.

The program works pretty well, however I was not able to open some script files. I'm receiving "Unable to read bundle file! (Invalid file or unknown version?)" error.

This is the link for the files. I really need to get the .txt files inside for translation purposes. Any help is greatly appreciated

The bundle files have a custom encryption and are decrypted by the game code. You'll need to look in the game's Assembly-CSharp.dll or Assembly-UnityScript.dll how the game decrypts the files with a decompiler such as ILSpy.

I have a question :/

Why i use this tools i repack texture in file .unity3d i play game , some texture is crash and some texture it's not like the original

i try unpacking texture in file .unity3d and packing it again

That file .unity3d not like origin :/ like this :/

Can you help me :/ DerPopo ?

1273517990_bandicam2017-02-0621-18-41-843.jpg.17d447616e8581ca1e8f24321de202b9.jpg

if you don't see my image you can view here :/

https://scontent.fsgn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/16522744_655893097951952_1375448317_n.png?oh=2a5c2e4cb287bb34c5f8645c0d5e9c38&oe=589ABB70

Edited by thanhhieu_02 (see edit history)

Why i use this tools i repack texture in file .unity3d i play game , some texture is crash and some texture it's not like the original

i try unpacking texture in file .unity3d and packing it again

That file .unity3d not like origin :/ like this :/

Can you help me :/ DerPopo ?

Which texture compression format is used? You may try changing it to another one supported by whatever phone you target (EAC, ETC, PVRTC, ASTC) or even DXT (which is usually not directly supported on mobile chips and is uncompressed by Unity first).

Can't export "Sprite" filetype. Am I missing something?

You can export the textures referenced to by that Sprite. Press View Data to look which textures it uses.

Please, add support for Escape from Tarkov

_container.bundle files (weapons)

I don't own that game. What does the file header look like? The first 128 bytes should be enough to see what's going wrong (use a hex editor and copy out the first 0x80 bytes or make a screenshot of it).

Hi, guys.I trying to translate 60 seconds, i opened it, extracted it, but i can import it, it always create new asset file.When i tried it with UAE, than there was runtime error.How can i do this?

It can't directly overwrite the opened file, you need to save it to another file name and rename it after closing UABE. Other than that, you can easily create an installer with the imported files from within UABE that does all the renaming automatically.

Error :(

DerPopo: Which texture compression format is used? You may try changing it to another one supported by whatever phone you target (EAC, ETC, PVRTC, ASTC) or even DXT (which is usually not directly supported on mobile chips and is uncompressed by Unity first).

Dude !!! I Try All Texture Format (EAC, ETC, PVRTC, ASTC,DXT And every thing in tools )but error is the same old picture :/ I've posted

Edited by thanhhieu_02 (see edit history)

Help Me I am New To This

Hey Guys I have Extracter a game And Got This assets.split0 And Other Files Now When I Open Them I Can See All Files Like Textures Mesh Etc . Now How Can I EXport All Of Those File So That I Can Use Them In Unity For Different Purpose . I Am mainly On The Mesh , Materials , Textures File I Want To Export Them All. How Can I Do That

DerPopo: Which texture compression format is used? You may try changing it to another one supported by whatever phone you target (EAC, ETC, PVRTC, ASTC) or even DXT (which is usually not directly supported on mobile chips and is uncompressed by Unity first).

Dude !!! I Try All Texture Format (EAC, ETC, PVRTC, ASTC,DXT And every thing in tools )but error is the same old picture :/ I've posted

Does UABE itself export the correct file before and after modifying it (export to tga/png)? Possibly the texture asset format is slightly different in the Unity version that game uses.

Hey. I'm trying to use it for audio decoding of Gwent: The Witcher card Game. But the tool detects the type as text, although the contents of the headers present RIFF WAV format. How to fix this?

It looks like it does indeed store audio files in a TextAsset (it's not unusual to store binary data in TextAssets). At least in an earlier version, Gwent used Wwise instead of Unity's builtin FMOD. It uses wav-like files (usually named .wem) with a custom codec that most players don't support. There are some tools to convert .wem files like ww2ogg but I haven't checked if they work in this case.

Hey Guys I have Extracter a game And Got This assets.split0 And Other Files Now When I Open Them I Can See All Files Like Textures Mesh Etc . Now How Can I EXport All Of Those File So That I Can Use Them In Unity For Different Purpose . I Am mainly On The Mesh , Materials , Textures File I Want To Export Them All. How Can I Do That

You can select multiple assets at the same time. Sort for the type, select all Meshes (click on the first one, press shift, click on the last one) and export with the plugin. Then do the same for the other formats except Material. Materials usually refer to multiple textures but there is no plugin to directly extract the material. You can create your own material in Unity and use the different textures. The only thing missing is the shader that isn't easy to extract, at least in current Unity versions.

Does UABE itself export the correct file before and after modifying it (export to tga/png)? Possibly the texture asset format is slightly different in the Unity version that game uses.

Yes i export to tga/png and export raw and dumb but not working :/

And view all file is use UnityFS :/

Untitled.jpg.e523c51090d9e353592d66c2b8535984.jpg