Need help tweaking Blood Moon spawns

My playing group has just  started 2nd playthrough and upped difficulty to nomad, we like the day-to-day experience on our settings but found Blood Moon nights were spawning stuff way to tough for our liking.

We want to make it so that the Blood Moon spawns are more like regular difficulty. Browsing the files it seems that the spawns are goverened by 
gamestages.xml : <spawner name="BloodMoonHorde">
Is this right or am I looking in the wrong place?

If this is right, would increasing the
gamestage stage = nnn
values mean lower grades of spawns are created, and if so how much should I increase it by (would doubling the values have that kind of effect?)

I haven't touched gamestages, but from my understanding of how gamestage works, it should be quite the opposite. Game stage is increased for you as you keep killing more enemies, so manually increasing gamestage through this file would probably mean bigger challenge, but I could be wrong.

The way Iwas reading it was, "This is the gamestage needed to spawn this type of zombie", so increasing the value would mean we would need to accumulate a higher gamestage before that type can spawn. I've not been able to test it though.

I believe you are correct WizardMarnok. Everything that I've read about gamestages is that the listed groups will only be spawned once that particular GS has been reached. So increasing that number would only spawn those zeds once you've reached that number.

Archived