Trader Issues

insG_Drifter

2020-04-30T22:53:39 31286.644 ERR Task_CommReaderSteam (cl=76561197**********, ch=0):
EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.

When this happens you can no longer access the trader. After leaving you cannot place your motorcycle. I reset the chunk which seemed to resolve the issue temporarily. Once you leave the game the problem is fixed however any dukes you received are gone as is the inventory you sold. I am using a bigger backpack mod and suspect that is the issue.

This is using the SteamCMD server files on a dedicated installation. If items are sold in small blocks everything is fine. If more than a few blocks of items are sold this is the end result. Any thoughts? I can provide server logs if needed but I'm not seeing anything indicating an answer.

I assume you can reproduce the bug at will?

In that case there is only one way to find out anything definite: Install vanilla without the mod and try to reproduce the problem there. If you can reproduce it, make a bug report in the bug report section with the way to reproduce it. If not, tell the author of bigger backpack how to reproduce the bug

I ran into a similar issue. I found it happened due to a stack size issue I accidentally created. I had dukes bumped up to 50K stacks. There is apparently a hard code limit of items of 30K. Once I dropped the stack size below 30K, trader purchases, I could access my vehicle inventory, etc. It affected many things.

8 hours ago, meganoth said:

I assume you can reproduce the bug at will?

In that case there is only one way to find out anything definite: Install vanilla without the mod and try to reproduce the problem there. If you can reproduce it, make a bug report in the bug report section with the way to reproduce it. If not, tell the author of bigger backpack how to reproduce the bug

Yeah I’ll have to test it but I’m pretty sure it’s the mod or stack changes made.
what’s weird is it seems to affect only the one trader. Leaving and returning to the game fixes it as long as you don’t try to sell too much at one time. Well, off I go to see what’s up.

5 hours ago, Ti2xGr said:

I ran into a similar issue. I found it happened due to a stack size issue I accidentally created. I had dukes bumped up to 50K stacks. There is apparently a hard code limit of items of 30K. Once I dropped the stack size below 30K, trader purchases, I could access my vehicle inventory, etc. It affected many things.

Sounds pretty much what has likely happened here. I’ll have to experiment more.

Thanks for the tips gents.

8 hours ago, meganoth said:

Archived