Corrupted save

rrollin

Good afternoon. My PC crashed while I was playing 7 days to die and I had to reset it. After restarting Windows and the game, the "continue" option showed that my saved game was corrupted. In addition, the command console was open showing errors. It's over, or can I recover the file? Does the game generate any temporary backup files?

Tks!

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

you may want to gather and or supply some output logs and screen shots of the errors so others can have better ideal of what they are looking at.

QA Tester-unholyjoe

Of course! My bad.

image.thumb.png.7e53bd9c2b765fbcaf4f8bb97bd11724.png

image.png

This has happened to me almost every time the game crashes. If you have a backup of the main.ttw file, you can try and roll it back. Frustratingly, the game creates one, but overwrites it when you reboot start your server again. This, wiping the "backup file". I use my own backup system that backs up the system files once an hour now. I just pull up the most recent copy of that file and replace it and all is back to normal. On occasion, I've also had to reset a user game save as well if they were in during the crash. The result is that the user is reset to day 1 usually. Resetting their game file (located in the game saves under the roaming profile), it is reset to their most recent inventory/level.

57 minutes ago, Ti2xGr said:

This has happened to me almost every time the game crashes. If you have a backup of the main.ttw file, you can try and roll it back. Frustratingly, the game creates one, but overwrites it when you reboot start your server again. This, wiping the "backup file". I use my own backup system that backs up the system files once an hour now. I just pull up the most recent copy of that file and replace it and all is back to normal. On occasion, I've also had to reset a user game save as well if they were in during the crash. The result is that the user is reset to day 1 usually. Resetting their game file (located in the game saves under the roaming profile), it is reset to their most recent inventory/level.

Thank you, Ti2xGr
As you said, all backups have also been overwritten and corrupted. I tried several solutions that I saw in other forums and on youtube. None worked.
I was already very advanced in the game and I don't want to have to play everything from scratch again. I will abandon the game.

I took all the files and folders from my corrupted game, except the "main.ttw and" main.ttw.bak "files and overwritten everything in the new game I just created.
Things that worked: Main base came back, all storage boxes inside the base were complete with items. Workbench, chemistry station and forge were also there. They even had items being produced in them. Generator bank and electrical installations have also returned.
Things I missed: All skills, all perk books ever read, all character levels, all character stats, like miles traveled, zombie kills, crafted items and xp to next level. I also lost all items in my inventory and belt, including my pump shotgun that I had just made and my mini bike.
In addition, the land around the base, which had already been completely cleared, has all the trees back. Some of them merged with the base walls. The trees that are furthest from the base are 1/2000 and you only have to hit them once to make them fall.
The areas I've been to are also open on the map, but I missed all the checkpoints.

Archived