Recipe Question

Iceburg71

I have been digging through the .xml files but can't find an answer to my question on Recipes.

Is it possible to have 2 different recipes to create the same item? Or do I have to also create a duplicate Item in the game to go along with my new recipe. The Item I am creating will be exactly like another item in the game, just made with a different recipe.

If you need more info, I can provide it.

This is kinda confusing. First you're asking if it's possible to have two different recipes to create the same item, but then you're kinda contradicting that with your explanation that you actually want to create a separate item that will be "exactly like another item in the game".

To answer your question, yes it is possible to have two recipes for one item, take cloth as a vanilla example - first one is made of cotton, the other one is made of plant fibers (after learning the recipe from the wasteland treasures book).

However, if you want to create an item that is "exactly like another item in the game", you're actually making a new item and as such, you are going to have to create its own recipe, well if you intend that item to require recipe in order to learn how to craft it.

Archived