New to multiplayer questions

Jadeazu

Hello, I've been a single player for the most part but I would like to try out one of the dedicated servers sometime. My questions are

1. Are horde nights universal meaning everyone gets a horde night at the same time every 7 days? or does the timer start ticking as soon as you join the server
  2. If I join a PvE server, will there still be block damage on my base from another player? meaning will I lose my stuff by the time I log back in the next day
  3. I tried out a server a few nights ago and couldn't find a single piece of loot anywhere. Is this to be expected from a decent pop server?

I had some other questions but I cannot remember them right now. Thank you for taking time to read and answer. If you guys have any additional tips and tricks for jumping into a dedicated server then please tell. I'm strictly a PvE survivalist in 7 days to die.

Cheers!

1. Horde nights are universal, however horde strength is dictated by your personal level.

2. You can lose your stuff, but a PvE shouldn't allow it via fiat or strong landclaim.

3. Yeah it happens...can't find a car either.

But it is the best way to play the game in my opinion

1. Horde nights are universal, however horde strength is dictated by your personal level.

2. You can lose your stuff, but a PvE shouldn't allow it via fiat or strong landclaim.

3. Yeah it happens...can't find a car either.

But it is the best way to play the game in my opinion

Thanks for the reply. Do the server owners have access to how fast stuff respawns? Like the cars for example, can they make them respawn on like an hour timer or how does that work?

There are some mods that respawn cars, what I do is reset regions, it wipes out all changes in a region and puts it back to new.....that's why many don't allow bases in cities....so they can reset the city for cars. They can set respawn times for loot, 1 day to never it's up to them.

All respawn, loot settings, landclaims, how often horde nights are all controlled on the server. Most settings are. The only thing "really" needed are usually the part of the modlet that allows the client to see graphic/sound settings locally. Our server is set on a 10 day with a 4 day swing for Bloodmoons. We have calibrated what zombies are seen/experienced based upon gamestage and blended in some custom zombies. Cars on our server respawn every 15 in-game days. The modlet we are using had default settings of every 5 days. It was too OP so we changed it. I only reset regions if a hacker has damaged the region or for other similar issues. We have our loot respawn set similarly as our map is large enough to force people to need to explore across the map looking for new cities. There are several server-side modlets to help make respawning easier depending on your play-style. We had landclaim blocks set to lock completely on exit (meaning nothing could be damaged at a person's base), but we have since relaxed it a bit so that forces people to login occasionally to keep their base from being vulnerable.

Archived