Computer savvy novice really needs help with putting prefab into world

Lorri

As the title says, I really need help with putting a prefab into my world. I have watched several videos on how to do it. Something always goes wrong though. I even had one of the creators of the Eden Center mall try to help me with no luck. I watched his video on how to put the mall into a game and I followed the instructions to the letter. Every time though, it doesn't work. The prefab always ends up either in the air a bit or outside of where I've cleared the area and in the ground a bit. It's tough to explain what happens when I mess up but I will try.

I know how to clear the area. That part works just fine. It is flat and I make sure I have enough room without making it too big. I know how to hold Shift + G to make it taller too. After I get all the cleared area set up, I go to the West corner of the cleared area. That's where the creator told me to go and it is where he goes in his video. I click Z and a blue box appears that's about the size of a wood frame. I then click K and click the second option (Dynamic Prefab I think, I don't have my game up at the moment) and then I click on the mall prefab to the right in the list. Once that is highlighted, I click on load prefab and then it just doesn't work. I always get a big lime green box (I know that's normal when it loads) but it is never where I have cleared my area. It is always exactly outside of where I've cleared. It makes it to where the mall is either off the ground a little bit and in the air or is in the terrain. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Also, I have noticed that if I am standing (or hovering cause I am in DM mode) just inside the area I have cleared and press Z and click on the prefab, a bigger lime green box appears all around the cleared area and somewhere the mall is loaded in but either always in the air a bit or in the terrain.

I hope I have explained what is going on and I really hope someone can help me. I'd love to play inside the mall and have never been able to. If you have read this far, I thank you just for getting through that novel and I hope you have a safe day. If anyone can help me though, I'd very truly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

I have tried to do it in both actually. The first several attempts I did was in a NitroGen map. After about 10 or so attempts, I said F it and went on Nav to the farm house like in the video. Same results.

Archived