Be aware that what used to be -Generic_Zombie is now -Group_Generic_Zombie

I was bitten by this so I thought I would share. Before Alpha 18, there was a sleeper group called Generic_Zombie. This group has been renamed to Group_Generic_Zombie.

Long story short, if you use POIs that were created before Alpha 18, it's worth looking at the POI's XMLs and replaces any instance of -Generic_Zombie by -Group_Generic_Zombie. Otherwise, you'll have less friendly zombies in your POI then expected.

Best

Did a quick search with Notepad++ for "-Generic_Zombie" in *.xml of \Data\Prefabs folder, and got 47 hits in 15 POI files. Use a ton of prefabs from both the latest CompoPack and most Nexus modders, so no surprise there.

Weird thing is, many of the sleeper volumes seem to already have both "-Generic_Zombie" AND "-Group_Generic_Zombie". Any clues as to why this would be the case, if the OP is correct?

List of my POIs that contained the deprecated sleeper group:

Amityville_Horror_House.xml
MonsterFlexGym.xml
QuietPines(Hernan).xml
QUIETPINES.xml
xcostum_CanucksCoffee(by_Genosis).xml
xcostum_Dave_Home_2(by_DMC).xml
xcostum_InsaneAsylum(by_Genosis).xml
xcostum_QuietPinesSpecial(by_hernan).xml
_NAGG_CanucksCoffee.xml
_NAGG_InsaneAsylum.xml
_NAGG_Library.xml
_NAGG_Library_POI.xml
_Rick_Cave1.xml
_Rick_DriveIn_POI.xml
_Rick_WaterPark1.xml

Did a quick search with Notepad++ for "-Generic_Zombie" in *.xml of \Data\Prefabs folder, and got 47 hits in 15 POI files. Use a ton of prefabs from both the latest CompoPack and most Nexus modders, so no surprise there.

Weird thing is, many of the sleeper volumes seem to already have both "-Generic_Zombie" AND "-Group_Generic_Zombie". Any clues as to why this would be the case if the OP is correct?

<snip />

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the POIs that have both the old and the new group were created with the old group names and then added/modified sleeper volumes more recently, but didn't touch all the volumes, just some of them. Unless you do some thorough testing, you might not notice that some of the sleepers are never spawning. Only one group name changed, all the other groups are still working as intended.

Archived