Need help w/ Perk/Skill book window

stample

Does anyone have a good understanding of how the game decides which UI window to use for Perks vs Skill Books? I"m trying to mod in book-like items as quest rewards, but I can't make them show up as un-buy-able, or format how books do, etc. They consistently show up using the Perks window, which requires completely different information and controls.

I can find the different windows in the UI's windows.xml, and the reference to it in controls.xml, but I don't see any linkage between attBook in progression.xml and those files. How does the game know attBook uses "windowSkillBookInfo" while all other attributes use windowSkillAttributeInfo ?

Can you post what you have?

It looks like the logic checks for the skill to have a parent of attBooks:

<skill name=[color=#2980b9]"skillBatterUp"[/color] parent=[color=#c0392b]"attBooks[/color][b][color=#c0392b]"[/color] [/b]name_key="perkBatterUp0Name" desc_key="perkBatterUp0Desc" long_desc_key="perkBookGroupLongDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_club"><effect_group/></skill>

Or the perk has a parent skill that has a parent of attBooks:

<perk name="perkBatterUpBigHits" parent=[color=#2980b9]"skillBatterUp"[/color] max_level="1" base_skill_point_cost="0" desc_key="perkBatterUpBigHitsDesc" long_desc_key="perkBatterUpBigHitsLongDesc">

Archived